Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1121293031323341 ... LastLast
  1. #301 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    C-Moto Guru
    This video crested on Reddit yesterday, with a link posted in 2012 . Interesting to see all the other links posted more recently have copied and pasted the same video. I was in Guangzhou just 2 weeks ago, and I was thinking as we waited to take off about how the workers were all sitting around outside the plane. It looked incredibly unprofessional and I'm wondering if the airport will actually take steps to clean things up now that it's in the limelight.

2. #302 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Back in my earlier years in China (early 1990s), when civil aviation was just taking off here, there was an alarming spate of crashes, including one at the old Baiyun airport that was right in downtown Guangzhou. The wreckage was just left there for months and months, clearly visible to passengers on every flight.

Guangzhou didn't seem to give a shit then, and they don't seem to give a shit now either.

Yes, TIC.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #303 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Do you go to a swimming pool to go swimming? My god, you really haven't figured it out yet have you? We go to the swimming pool to.......

-Show off our gangsta back tatoos
    -Bring all our friends to intimidate others, make sure there's enough of us that the pool guards let us do anything we like out of fear
    -Cool off on a hot day after a hard lunch time baijiu swilling
    -Even though there are about 400 square meters of unused pool stand right in the middle of the lanes, in fact make a point of doing it, completely block a lane with all your friends, cool fun
    -Wrench, stand on lean on and sit on the lane divders
    -Take the piss out of people who actually swim and race them and win over a 5 meter stretch of pool when they are doing a 2km enduro swim, especially cool if racing a laowei, thus gaining face for China
    -Bring your girlfriend, have a public snogfest
    -Insist on taking of your dacks as soon as you get in the showers and show off your poorly developed manhood to all the guys in the changing room, we can all do some of that and have a sausage fest and do some pork swording with our mates, like an American prison or British boarding school
    -Smoke and spit on the changing room floor

4. #304 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob randysway223's Avatar
    Honestly, Chinese drivers are very bad. The problem is everyone drives like they need to. They all drive crazy. So that in turn makes everyone else have to act just as crazy to handle business driving around. Its a pretty big problem that isn't going to be solved overnight...

6. #306 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    From bill bishop's listings:
    http://v.ifeng.com/news/society/2013...2397c673.shtml
    http://v.ifeng.com/news/society/201306/735cb12d-4a96-41fc-8c96-dac22397c673.shtml

Quote: "dad in Mercedes and son in BMW get in a dispute in traffi..and repeatedly ram each other, before dad charges out of his car with a belt and chases his son..all caught on CCTV. OIC (only in China)?"

Not sure about the appropriateness of the jaunty Benny Hill style music on this report.

7. #307 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    That was too awful to read. And some of the comments really shake my faith in humanity.
    jkp
    Shanghai

8. #308 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Do you go to a swimming pool to go swimming? My god, you really haven't figured it out yet have you? We go to the swimming pool to.......

-Show off our gangsta back tatoos
    -Bring all our friends to intimidate others, make sure there's enough of us that the pool guards let us do anything we like out of fear
    -Cool off on a hot day after a hard lunch time baijiu swilling
    -Even though there are about 400 square meters of unused pool stand right in the middle of the lanes, in fact make a point of doing it, completely block a lane with all your friends, cool fun
    -Wrench, stand on lean on and sit on the lane divders
    -Take the piss out of people who actually swim and race them and win over a 5 meter stretch of pool when they are doing a 2km enduro swim, especially cool if racing a laowei, thus gaining face for China
    -Bring your girlfriend, have a public snogfest
    -Insist on taking of your dacks as soon as you get in the showers and show off your poorly developed manhood to all the guys in the changing room, we can all do some of that and have a sausage fest and do some pork swording with our mates, like an American prison or British boarding school
    -Smoke and spit on the changing room floor
    Right on!
    by the way, what is pork swording? Is it kind of activity of some male doing somthing together? I have never been to British boarding school.
    同志仍需努力

9. #309 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    by the way, what is pork swording? Is it kind of activity of some male doing somthing together? I have never been to British boarding school.
    Indeed, ZMC. Enlighten us please! Is that a special swimming stroke? Or some other stroke?
    jkp
    Shanghai

10. #310 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    C-Moto Regular
    My understanding is that it involves taking your manhood into your hand, yelling "En Garde!" and then slashing your opponent with said manhood until blood is drawn or your opponent admits defeat. I could be wrong.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1121293031323341 ... LastLast