Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20303839404142 LastLast
  1. #391 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    And so it shall be done ...

Yesterday, Wednesday, when Beijing's AQI was >500, President Xi Jinping did a walk-about in Beijing and said:

"We should ... (hold) officials accountable for air-quality problems." (source)

Today (Thursday), 24 hours later, Beijing's AQI dropped to 34.

Now THAT, my MCM friends, is an example of POWER!

I have had the wife's family over visiting Australia. Funny enough they said " the sky isn't that blue compared with where we come from" Emm they must of forgot that I have spent quite a few years living where "they come from" and have first hand experience in winter "where they come from " they're hard pressed to see the sun let alone a sky in winter.

2. #392 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Probably that rule is there so you don't run up some massive debt and 'run for it' leaving the poor lil Chinese bank out of pocket. In reality I'm sure Visa and Mastercard probably have ways of hunting you down worldwide. Maybe some kind of better than a Unionpay debit card like a Visa debit is possible. Or ask at an HSBC, these rules seem to get liberalized over time.
    I didnt ask for a credit card. Just need a bank card for booking and paying for stuff online.
    Theres no HSBC here in Taizhou, it seems that I need to have a bank tour one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    And so it shall be done ...

Yesterday, Wednesday, when Beijing's AQI was >500, President Xi Jinping did a walk-about in Beijing and said:

"We should ... (hold) officials accountable for air-quality problems." (source)

Today (Thursday), 24 hours later, Beijing's AQI dropped to 34.

Now THAT, my MCM friends, is an example of POWER!

3. #393 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Bored?

Try this - a new online game, developed & published by the People's Weibo political blog (i.e., government).

It is called "Shoot the Devil"

You are given a chance (20 rounds) to kill one of 14 different Japanese WW2 criminals.

http://t.people.com.cn/g/daguizi

Have fun!

EDIT: Apparently, there is also a "Shoot the Corrupt" ... but I haven't been able to find a link, sorry. Amazing that these are developed by the government's mouthpiece. (linkie)
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 03-02-2014 at 06:11 AM.

4. #394 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    It has been a long while since anyone has posted anything in this thread.

Should you get a tattoo in China? Maybe you should think twice about that ...

If the animated gif runs too fast, here ya go. First, the picture of the guy's sweety ...

Second, the "artist's rendering" ...

I can imagine some possible reactions of sweety:

1) Who the hell is she? Are you cheating on me?

2) Is THAT what you think I look like?

Pretty obvious the poor guy is f'd.

When I first saw this, I recalled some "CJ artist" trying to repaint my Xingfu. Looks like the "painter" has moved into tattoo work.

5. #395 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    http://www.mummy-tattoo.com/ is a quality world practicing artist in Beijing near San le tun
    LMMC/LAMF

6. #396 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    I could not find an appropriate thread on the forum, but I think I didn't quite "missed" subject.

Anyway, "New Summit Motor" from Chongqing on their "Alibaba" page (proudly) offers to the customers bike labeled as DT 125. Yes, same as "Yamaha's" two-stroker. They used DE06 variants design. As expected, without " Minarelli's" two-stroke engine - only common CB clone, but they kept the exhaust system with expansion chamber.

Just look at it!

DT125,.jpg

I'm not ROFL-ing, LOL-ing and do other Internet acronyms, but it is still funny to see this.
    Last edited by Zorge; 02-19-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #397 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I went to do the 2 year bike inspection today. Took me about 2hand I accomplished nothing.
    First try-rejected cos there was no phone holder on that picture in the registration book (blue one) therefore my little, cute case is illegal.........

Second try- rejected cos now they noticed that handlebars are not on the pic either

Third time- rejected cos the front light is not bright enough. Took the bike to my mechanic and they openly said I have to go to the mechanic close to the police station cos they have a deal with the inspector to squeeze more money out of people. So I went to that mechanic there and for 30kuai he put new bulb

passed

went to the final clerk and she says I need a insurance certificate, that little card that goes into registration book is not sufficient. "Surprisingly" there is an insurance company right next door to the police station. Unfortunately I can't buy insurance cos the old one didn't expire yet :/ I either need to bring the old certificate or wait 6 days until my old expires and than buy new one........

had enough
    need a beer
    Last edited by modron; 03-25-2015 at 11:35 AM.

8. #398 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    what do we learn from this?
    Secretly record it by video and ask afterwards whether you get the inspection for free now ......
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #399 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I went to do the 2 year bike inspection today. Took me about 2hand I accomplished nothing.
    First try-rejected cos there was no phone holder on that picture in the registration book (blue one) therefore my little, cute case is illegal.........

Second try- rejected cos now they noticed that handlebars are not on the pic either

Third time- rejected cos the front light is not bright enough. Took the bike to my mechanic and they openly said I have to go to the mechanic close to the police station cos they have a deal with the inspector to squeeze more money out of people. So I went to that mechanic there and for 30kuai he put new bulb

passed

went to the final clerk and she says I need a insurance certificate, that little card that goes into registration book is not sufficient. "Surprisingly" there is an insurance company right next door to the police station. Unfortunately I can't buy insurance cos the old one didn't expire yet :/ I either need to bring the old certificate or wait 6 days until my old expires and than buy new one........

had enough
    need a beer
    This is the reason why I haven't bothered getting legal in China in the two years I've been riding here. A lot of bullshit red-tape that I don't have time or patience for. Chinese laws are really "suggestions" more or less anyway. I DID get my bike confiscated with no option to get it back last year after being involved in an accident with a car near downtown Guangzhou, where motorcycles are banned completely. The cop did say that had I been completely legal, the driver of the car would have been responsible for paying my hospital bills which resulted in my broken leg afterwards. Actually if I hadn't been a foreigner, more or less, the driver would have had to pay anyway as larger vehicles are generally considered at fault regardless of the reality of the situation. I'm not encouraging anyone to copy my example by any means, but my experiences have proven to me it's a waste of time (for me). Enjoy your beer ...

Banned
    Your story suggest the opposite in my opinion
    Get legal get help! Get some safety
    Just my take on it