Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    one of couple must be employee of Lamborghini, or courtesy of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
    Now i feel what pandabeat felt, sad.

2. #22 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    This series doesn't really need much explanation. But I'll set the stage. I was on my bicycle, just coming out of the Beijing Carrefour on Sunday afternoon, which of all the worst times to be in the Carrefour parking lot ranks about the top. Only a holiday Sunday it could be worse. So I'm navigating among untold numbers of newbie drivers in their newbie cars, and come upon this:

I am next to speechless. What is good in that car is that it would be great to fuck her hard.

3. #23 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    i've seen this car on Gulou dong Da Jie. I wanted to key it. My friend literally had to hold me back and snatch the keys out of my hand.

4. #24 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Be careful. Her father is Li Gang.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #25 Re: TIC (This is China) 

6. #26 Re: TIC (This is China) 

Seriously Ekki, it is a real world and Euphonius may be jesting as that is of course the daily catchphrase since the car accident that killed a young girl, but China (and general human nature) hasn't changed that much that you can publicly insult such connected people. In China or USA or anywhere! You will just disappear and we will all be bereft!

7. #27 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    it's unlikely that they would've found out i was the one who did it..

anyway, in keeping with the theme, i was walking around shanghai for 3 hours tonight (hence the post at 5:30am), just me and my camera, when i came across a lambo shop.
    here are some lambos in shanghai:
    lambo3.jpg

more expensive toys for rich idiots. my best friend in hong kong used to live next door to a single, middle-aged woman who owned 5 very expensive cars, including a black lambo which she would ALWAYS stall at the intersection of the main road down from the villa. my reactions varied from fits of laughter to sympathetic cringes whenever i saw this happen.
    i also wanted to ask her if she was looking for a driver / dog walker / girlfriend. i would've offered to work out an agreement for the keys of the 5 beauties she doesn't know how to drive... (i can't drive but i'm certain i'd do a better job than her!)
    lambo2.jpg

sometimes it make you wonder who is doing the marketing / research development for such a well-known luxury company..
    lambo1.jpg

..when they open up shop right in the middle of a neighbourhood of hospitals.
    lambo4.jpg

the only possible reasons for this that i could come up with were:

1. they must all be expensive private hospitals. instead of buying flowers, fruits, chocolate or other foodstuffs that doctors generally frown upon (a big bag of burgers / beer / chips, etc) from the hospital shop next door, they pop into the Lamborghini shop next door to buy an expensive get-well toy.

2. the majority of people who purchase these cars can't actually drive them. within minutes of brand new ownership, they smash the car into one of the supporting piers of Yan'an elevated highway.. and are promptly sent to one of the hospitals next door.

3. they send sales persons around to every private room with their catalogues (which include custom design options like the silly bling-bling signage), and perhaps some sort of discount deal that includes membership to some Super Car Club if they purchase on the spot. being a rich bored person in hospital, they're likely to buy into this to comfort themselves.

4. the marketing department personnel / R&D guys of the company are sick fucks.
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

8. #28 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkicore View Post
    sometimes it make you wonder who is doing the marketing / research development for such a well-known luxury company....when they open up shop right in the middle of a neighbourhood of hospitals.
    Another possible reason:

5. The lambo shop is next to the Shanghai Acting Academy. You can often see guys driving up the the gate in the evening (usually in German sedans) to pick up their dates. Therefore the store location is positioned very strategically - why not level up your driving experience with a lambo?

9. #29 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    maybe the two girls outside Shelter should relocate here then.. they could sell MotoKai-bite-sized caviar or whatever to these posers! :) they'd reel in a fortune for one nights work!
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

10. #30 Re: TIC (This is China) 
    I actually felt ill when I saw this. I was praying that it was a kit, but it just had to be real. In the name of all that is holy, why... why?

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123451323 ... LastLast