Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Ducati China

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Ducati China 
    C-Moto Noob
    Many of these individuals want the fastest car or motorbike on the earth. That's just about what you are going to get with a Ducati. These motorbikes will smoking anything on four tires out of the water. It's incredibly exclusive because they are developed and not decorated. I believe they are the most fashionable motorbikes you can buy.

2. #22 Re: Ducati China 
    Banned
    Ducati Panigale available in ML China now: http://www.1199panigale.ducati.com

Panigale 1199 ABS = 319,000 RMB
    Panigale 1199S ABS = 379,000 RMB
    Panigale 1199S Tricolore = 459,000 RMB

3. #23 Re: Ducati China 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Ducati Panigale available in ML China now: http://www.1199panigale.ducati.com

Panigale 1199 ABS = 319,000 RMB
    Panigale 1199S ABS = 379,000 RMB
    Panigale 1199S Tricolore = 459,000 RMB
    wow, more than 2x the US prices. that's too rich.

4. #24 Re: Ducati China 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Oh, the perfect bikes for China's pristine, uncluttered roads!

An extra 80k rmb for a three-color paint job? Yes, that'll be popular with the luxury brand-conscious buyers who already have a Panamera and a Quattroporto and a Gallardo and a Fat Boy and a Hayabusa. With so many Ferraris being demolished by the offspring of the party elite, China needs new automotive distractions. Can you fit two naked pillions on a Panigale?

cheers!
    Last edited by euphonius; 09-12-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #25 Re: Ducati China 
    The website is really well done, the new color options are very cool.
    I really like this color for a monster.

6. #26 Re: Ducati China 
    Oh my....

To become a "pomponista" in China is not an inexpensive sport.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #27 Re: Ducati China 
    Ducati, about as logical in China as Lamborghini. Except on a track

8. #28 Re: Ducati China 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    to be fair and to play de-bonos black hat, most Chinese people are quite cynical (and often rightly so) of most Chinese made products, and many have a bias towards wanting something better than the average and who can blame them, hells bells most of us (and I am the first to raise my hand) complain about the cr@p that makes its way into the retail streams here. I can say for myself that as a young lad growing up, I also was mesmerised by the glossy and some not so glossy photos in magazines wi8th the latest products, offerings and reviews... often pining for that elusive bike which seemed unobtainable. While I might agree that some of the motorcycle offerings might not be the best suited to local or current conditions in mainland China, many of the local offerings are either far below acceptable standard IMO or are a compromise at best. YMMV

9. #29 Re: Ducati China 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    to be fair and to play de-bonos black hat, most Chinese people are quite cynical (and often rightly so) of most Chinese made products, and many have a bias towards wanting something better than the average and who can blame them, hells bells most of us (and I am the first to raise my hand) complain about the cr@p that makes its way into the retail streams here. I can say for myself that as a young lad growing up, I also was mesmerised by the glossy and some not so glossy photos in magazines wi8th the latest products, offerings and reviews... often pining for that elusive bike which seemed unobtainable. While I might agree that some of the motorcycle offerings might not be the best suited to local or current conditions in mainland China, many of the local offerings are either far below acceptable standard IMO or are a compromise at best. YMMV
    Fair point, bikerdoc, but there are many, many other international bikes that spring to mind that would be better choices for China's chaotic riding conditions. The problem is that the so few international models get imported, so we are left with the huge gap between the still crappy "best of China" and the most elite international bikes, with little in between for Chinese or expats. OK, BMW, Harley and Ducati do import some mid-tier models into China. The biggest gap is in the Japanese fold. What bikes from the Big Four are available legally in China apart from the obscene Hayabusa?

Yes, I'm confident there is a good business justification for their reluctance to enter China, but what exactly is it? It's funny to think that the average Chinese consumer probably thinks Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha only make low-end farmer bikes.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #30 Re: Ducati China 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I'm kinda with bikerdoc on this one.

I can think of a few reasons why I should buy one of these in China:

1) A fool and his money are easily parted.
    2) You can't take your money with you when you die. Although I'd probably accelerate the "die" part on a Panigale
    3) My neighbor is constantly one-upping me ... he just bought a Benelli 600 ... this would shut him up for a while.

On second thought, with the amount of money being asked in China, I could pay for a trip to Italy, pick one up, and spend a month riding around the Alps. I'd need to bring back photos for my annoying neighbor.

One has to admit - they are really beautiful bikes! And I usually despise sport bikes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast