Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's not there (US site), nor in the US, but one of the guys from China assured me its EPA legal and even sent me the attachment to the certificate. I think Hi-Bird USA is going to be a sort of American Lifan thing--once people start getting hold of containers of non-HBUSA bikes, they will scream foul and claim that they are all gray-market, and then HB-China will have a nasty letter stating the same on its site :biggrin:

2. #12 Hi Bird 
    Ameican Lifan Dealer
    The folks at Hi Bird tell me they are interested in getting more dealers, and they are discontinuing the import of the 200 enduro. They will be importing an improved 250 enduro in the fall. They also will continue with the 125 Cub type...and a 250 chopper type is coming.

C-Moto Noob
    I am located in georgia Usa.I have one of the 250cc enduro bikes im driving on the road.I have a tag and insurance and the bike is completly street legal and runs like a dream.

Thanks Dusty. I wanted to know if anyone currently in China had any inside info about them. I figure they are set up more as an export company rather than sell domestically to the Chinese market. It seems that they, as well as others (i.e. Shineray), are contract manufacturers for others, such as Lifan, as well as their own line.

Quote Originally Posted by urza389 View Post
    I am located in georgia Usa.I have one of the 250cc enduro bikes im driving on the road.I have a tag and insurance and the bike is completly street legal and runs like a dream.
    There were several members on Chinariders who bought theirs from Vbike, and had all good things to say, for the most part.

6. #16 Hi Bird 
    Ameican Lifan Dealer
    I haven't been able to reach a realperson at Hi Bird or Komoto Motors for a week or so. You only get voice mail! I am beginning to feel good about not signing a contract with them!

C-Moto Noob
    never heard about "Hi-bird" in chongqing.

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I am directing this more to the Chinese-based members. What is the Hi-Bird story? They became well known in the US (and Canada?) around 1.5 years ago with their virtual clone (as far as shape and plastics) of the Lifan GY-2, right down to 163 FML engine.

They buzzed around Ebay as the poster boy for the discount bike along with some of the models of Shineray.

About a year or so ago, they introduced one of the first Chinese 250cc GY's available for a decent price.

The last few months, the price went down, and their 250 enduro has been selling like hotcakes here.

Going to their site, they show several EPA models, including a slick-looking chopper powered by a 250 V-Twin Zongshen powerplant.

My question; is this company predominantly set up as an exporter, or are people riding them in China? What is their story? They seem to have some capital backing them up, and far more EPA certified machines than Lifan--and far more interesting to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by leehow1024 View Post
    never heard about "Hi-bird" in chongqing.
    That was what was mentioned several months ago when I had originally posted this. They were very successful with their 250 GY enduro several months ago in the US, as well as with their 250 standard street bike, and their low-cost ATV's. Their products are known for being low-cost and decent quality (for being Chinese as opposed to the japanese products) here in the US. Now they have a new site and new products coming to North America and look very promising, while those of you in China have never even heard of them!

Here is their alibaba site, as their hbmoto site seems to be more directed to North America/US. Don't know if this helps you find them easier...

http://chinaatv.en.alibaba.com

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    That was what was mentioned several months ago when I had originally posted this. They were very successful with their 250 GY enduro several months ago in the US, as well as with their 250 standard street bike, and their low-cost ATV's. Their products are known for being low-cost and decent quality (for being Chinese as opposed to the japanese products) here in the US. Now they have a new site and new products coming to North America and look very promising, while those of you in China have never even heard of them!
    May be next time, I pass through Peipei Dist., I shall find out Hi-Bird Story.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast