Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Can anyone tell me what size replacement jets needed for a pulse adrenaline 125 i have only found info for the 200cc. I am gonna buy the p&p exhaust which has been reviewed with thumbs up. Also got a kamikaze pro cdi unit on the way to which i have read is of little use without the exhaust and rejetting. I would prefer to keep the stock jets only because i am not familiar with carbs and their set up. I also have a 16 tooth front sprocket which i have never fitted, what rear tooth set up would be recommended? All i am after is accelaration and torque for getting out of trouble and over taking slow drivers! not bothered about top end. Any help on this and if needed where to get the jets (uk if poss). These parts will be my final change to an already great little machine. Once sorted i will return all the help with a write up and photos detailing all the mods i have done and problems i have overcome to help others like me that have used this site to solve so many queries. Cheers. D

2. #2 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    Typically, Dan, you take the stock one to a shop and ask for the next size up. Your motor should be Suzuki based. If a shop is unavailable, pull the jet and post the size here and we can help you.

Here's some help on pulling the jet;

http://www.formtechservices.com/dirt...com/Rejet.html

And some help on sprockets and ratios;

http://www.renthal.com/File/gearing_ratios.asp

3. #3 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Can anyone tell me what size replacement jets needed for a pulse adrenaline 125 i have only found info for the 200cc. I am gonna buy the p&p exhaust which has been reviewed with thumbs up. Also got a kamikaze pro cdi unit on the way to which i have read is of little use without the exhaust and rejetting. I would prefer to keep the stock jets only because i am not familiar with carbs and their set up. I also have a 16 tooth front sprocket which i have never fitted, what rear tooth set up would be recommended? All i am after is accelaration and torque for getting out of trouble and over taking slow drivers! not bothered about top end. Any help on this and if needed where to get the jets (uk if poss). These parts will be my final change to an already great little machine. Once sorted i will return all the help with a write up and photos detailing all the mods i have done and problems i have overcome to help others like me that have used this site to solve so many queries. Cheers. D
    when you stick that cdi on theres a chance you wont feel any gain, ive got dep pipe 16t front sprocket and know how the engine feels and opperates at all time, when i stuck the cdi on i got absolutely nothing from it except poor cold start, when i refilled my tank i put 97 octain in it and it seemed to bring the bike alive, ive read reports that cdi's with an more advanced curve need higher octain fuel to bring the best from the unit, now my cold start problem is eliminated and starts better than ever and the bike feels more responsive and punchy, ive tried the cdi with both 15t and 16t sprocket's and 95 and 97 octain and the gearing had nothing to do with the way the bike felt it was the combination of the cdi and higher octain fuel so i would advice you used that, im running 16-51 gearing which is a million times better than 15-51, longer gears, less shifts, more pull + top end and ive lost no noticable acceleration, easy to overtake and get a big powerband in third gear 3/4 rev throu to 4th gear 1/2 revs, due to the nature of these engines powerbands occure in a short space/time where as 2t bikes have them in the high rpm range in most gears. from what ive read the stock jet is 95 and its best to go to 100-105 (each engine/carb reacts different), give me an emial if you want mate im in england and can share alot of info on the bike if you want bennell2008@live.co.uk

4. #4 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks to you both for the advice. I will wait and see what difference the cdi unit does and start using the higher grade petrol. Hopefully this will be enough extra push out the bike i have been wanting. If not i'll put that front sprocket on and if that is still not enough difference i'll bite the bullet and opt for the exhaust and re-jet. If i am happy with the performance the exhaust brings will it cause any harm to keep the stock jets? Up till now i have avoided any mods due to the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and this bike is my only mode of transport so i am relluctent to go mad and order a load of upgrades! Will report back once cdi is delivered and tank refilled should be next day or two. Thanks again david and benell.

5. #5 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    Forestville California, Nanning Guangzhou
    it is very easy to rejet a bike for a pipe.....I would do first...before to rejet....put pipe on and move the needle clip down one until the responce gets better if you do not get enough fuel then you will need to go up on the main jet one size and then adjust the the needle for the best responce and air mixture needle....remember when you use a bigger main jet you need more AIR.....and by the way you do not need higher FUEL grade to make it go.... I have 125 with a FMF pipe, wisco piston and I run on regular grade and I can still keep up with the 450F.....good luck

6. #6 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VTR1000 View Post
    it is very easy to rejet a bike for a pipe.....I would do first...before to rejet....put pipe on and move the needle clip down one until the responce gets better if you do not get enough fuel then you will need to go up on the main jet one size and then adjust the the needle for the best responce and air mixture needle....remember when you use a bigger main jet you need more AIR.....and by the way you do not need higher FUEL grade to make it go.... I have 125 with a FMF pipe, wisco piston and I run on regular grade and I can still keep up with the 450F.....good luck
    Not to hijack the thread but can any of you help me find this needle clip? I'm new to all this and don't have a lot of mechanical experience, but I put in my new jets today, but can't for the life of me figure out what/where the needle clip is. I have taken out the float and I am assuming the pin attached to it is this needle clip? Mine does not show any signs of being able to be adjusted. Am I completely looking at the wrong thing or does the back end of that pin screw out? Be easy :P

7. #7 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    Forestville California, Nanning Guangzhou
    the clip is not in th float bowl it is on th slider for the throttle take that apart and you will find the needle on the slider....also you air mixer is on the side of the carb leftside or right side since I have no picutre......
    follow the throttle cable un screw the top and you will see the needle you will need to un do the cable then the will be a keep to hold the need down un screw that then you will have the whole need in your hand with the clip and the will be maybe 5 or 6 different adjustments.....the lower the clip the more fuel the shorter the needle set's in the main....I hope you get it.

8. #8 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VTR1000 View Post
    the clip is not in th float bowl it is on th slider for the throttle take that apart and you will find the needle on the slider....also you air mixer is on the side of the carb leftside or right side since I have no picutre......
    follow the throttle cable un screw the top and you will see the needle you will need to un do the cable then the will be a keep to hold the need down un screw that then you will have the whole need in your hand with the clip and the will be maybe 5 or 6 different adjustments.....the lower the clip the more fuel the shorter the needle set's in the main....I hope you get it.
    Thanks I will check that out tomorrow. Apologies for the stupid questions, but I will learn!

9. #9 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    Moon, there are two basic carbs used on China motos. The clip can be easliy moved on the carb on the right. The carb on the left is more difficult.

Here's how to the right one;

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...showpage&pid=3

And information on the left;

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Changing-Jets
    Attached Images
    Last edited by david3921; 08-10-2010 at 12:36 AM.

10. #10 Re: re jetting, exhaust and cdi unit help 
    C-Moto Regular
    Accidental double post. See next post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast