Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Kinlon Electrical Problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi All,

I been have just purchased my first motorbike a brand new Kinlon RT. Bike is as good as assembled, i have charged the battery but it blows a fuse every time i connect the battery. I have check all of the wirring that i have connected and it seems fine. Any suggestions from anyone that may have experienced similar problems. I am new to this so i have no idea.

2. #2 Re: Kinlon Electrical Problem 
    Sorry to hear that mate. If you haven't done something dumb, which we all do sometime, it has to be a major short somewhere. Are the battery leads touching the frame when you push the seat down or similar perhaps? My seat was installed wrongly. Don't know what to suggest really, look closely for a rubbing wire, bad insulation etc. Does it blow with the ignition off and no key in?

Sniff closely around the wiring loom, you may just smell a bad spot. Check the switches and indicators where the wires go through the frame etc. and isolate as many things as you can one by one. Don't forget to check the switch under the footrest, that could have been broken, on mine it just stopped working but so far it hasn't affected anything. But such switches and wires are vulnerable to damage in transit, packing. My crate was wrecked by a forklift somewhere between China and here but I was very lucky nothing was hurt much.

You got it in a crate? Hopefully from a local dealer. Give them a call, it should be under warranty? They may admit to knowing of a fault or possible cause.

I hope someone else can help more, it is such a general fault it is difficult to know what to advise apart from send it back with all the bother that entails.

3. #3 Re: Kinlon Electrical Problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the reply Jape.

Should have looked for the "something dumb" instead of wasting 2 hours tracing wires and making sure they where not touching any of the frame. What had i done? Yep attached the battery the wrong way round. I had contacted the dealer and assured them that the battery had been attached the wrong way and that the fuse kept blowing. They had not encounted any problems like this before and asked me to check the bike over again, if I still had problems to contact them and they would try and organise a local dealer or auto electrian to sort the problem out.

Ah well problem sorted. Just have to adjust the idling speed, go over all of the nuts and bolts with some loctite and them i am ready to hit the road.

After all this i am reminded of something that my brother has always said "There is no such thing as a stupit questions, only stupit people

4. #4 Re: Kinlon Electrical Problem 
    Well good onya for having the balls to admit it! I have had to admit to a few stupid things here myself like forgetting to clip the seat back on properly and flying off the back into a deep muddy puddle, not knowing about the kill switch .... etc etc!

Lucky your fuse kept blowing and you didn't burn anything major out.

These are good machines for the money, I just went for a 20 km ride through the local floods in Victoria along muddy dirt tracks in the bush, through ruts and gullies and even a couple of raging streams! My adrenaline levels were very high, to be frank I was shit scared although only a few miles from home - but the Kinlon was fine through it all and very forgiving.

Search and read through some of the threads here on Kinlons and you will see some of the other blokes have made some very effective modifications. This forum can be very quiet, even dead at times but you don't get all the bullshit you see on busier forums and those that do post are usually helpful.

5. #5 Re: Kinlon Electrical Problem 
    1. A cable is grounded
    2. Is grounded screw loose
    Charabones MG