Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Noob
    YOu guys seem very knowledgeable (*spelling?). Can any of you tell me if it will hurt or help to put on the K&N clamp on? I purchased one from JP motorsports and its sitting at the house in SC until I return from FL. If there is no advantage I will send it back.

2. #12 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by realone87 View Post
    YOu guys seem very knowledgeable (*spelling?). Can any of you tell me if it will hurt or help to put on the K&N clamp on? I purchased one from JP motorsports and its sitting at the house in SC until I return from FL. If there is no advantage I will send it back.

--I suppose ¿ are you thinking to Install a K&N air filter; while removing the airbox? or changing the standard foam for a high flow K&N inside the original airbox?
    If so #1, then let me warn you : It doesnt Work removing the Airbox; IMO ,for whatever reason CV (constant Velocity) carburetors NEVER work properly without their own airbox; dont ask me why; Ive learnt that the hard way after some 100 attempts ; thats a Fact.
    Thats why my advice is :, instead of removing it, open a pair 2" holes on top of it. and fit inside whatever air filter you like.
    Last edited by chete44; 02-14-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: error

3. #13 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Two inches? When u say whatever filter do you mean stuff one in there or whatever replacement that fits.

4. #14 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Constant velocity is or can be equated to what is linear in straight flat line, it does not increase or fall as is it is constant. The air flow is constant. Then you can consider the Bernoulli principle and that an increase in velocity brings about a decrease in pressure.

If you remove the constant then it become a curve increasing the air flow can bring about a loss in pressure since the pressure regulates the float and fuel flow you can understand that adding more air is not desirable.

Also the engine does not have an EGR it has a SAI, the former send exhaust back into the intake side to displace oxygen, the later lets oxygen into the exhaust to ensure a more complete burn. The engine has a secondary air intake (SAI) removing it will not improve performance.

5. #15 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    so am I right in thinking that if I was to put a cam from a lt230 or lt250 in my engine it would give the valves better lift and duration? What other options are there? all I could find is one auction for a lt230 cam from america which costs close to £100 :(
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

6. #16 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    The used LT230 cam is about US$ 2? + postage or Tries the NEW for EN125 from China (That seller claimed design as webcamshafts.com 's product)

DR125se (Old design uses 12mm spark plug) is using bigger valve . The LT230 cam's result on small valve (NEW design 10mm spark plug) bike maybe ...

7. #17 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Do you have a link for the cheaper cam?

Also I found a cam for the gn250 which looks very simular to my stock cam, do you think that would have the same effect as the lt230 cam?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3..._4z3_240497486
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

8. #18 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Do you have a link for the cheaper cam?
    The url is in ur previous thread. User's reoprt: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17352513_1.htm

9. #19 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Sorry about posting in this thread again but I want to make sure that I order the right cam. I found this which says that it is for the en125, will this work in gs125 copy engines? Also in the 2nd item picture there is another cam along side it called the xlite gs02 which is apparently for the gs125 but I cannot find it anywhere! If someone could send me a link for that or a better alternative that would be great.

10. #20 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Ur bike is more like the EN (sparkplug / piston / CDI ...)
    Why NOT chats with them? http://xlite.taobao.com/view_page-279236423.htm They list their official QQ number / University graduates at least can communicated in "dumb" (ie. written) English... | Finding someone from here help u to input the Q in chinese also isn't that hard
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast