Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Yeah I thought about that but I thought there would be some communication problems but if you say so I'll give it a go.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #22 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    I did some research on the EN125 performance cam and decided that it would not work so I bought a qm200 cam. I compared the EN125 performance cam to a GS125 performance cam sold in the uk and the EN cam was stupidly over the top; it had a duration of 284 degrees which is like a stage 5 racing cam which would have virtually no idle and require new valve springs and all that crap. It should take about 3 weeks for the cam to arrive, hopefully I will get a big of extra performance out of it.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #23 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I would like to ask if its possible to install to Sinnis Apache 125 (basically Qlink 125 version) the same camshaft, for example Suzuki LT250,LT250E camshaft, or LT300 camshaft. possible? :)

4. #24 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SanoShaker View Post
    I would like to ask if its possible to install to Sinnis Apache 125 (basically Qlink 125 version) the same camshaft, for example Suzuki LT250,LT250E camshaft, or LT300 camshaft. possible? :)
    It looks like it should work. Keep in mind that this kind of mod has only been done by 1 or 2 people on this forum so the results aren't completely known, if you do this mod make sure that your valves aren't hitting the piston before you fire up your engine.

5. #25 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    I did some research on the EN125 performance cam and decided that it would not work so I bought a qm200 cam. I compared the EN125 performance cam to a GS125 performance cam sold in the uk and the EN cam was stupidly over the top; it had a duration of 284 degrees which is like a stage 5 racing cam which would have virtually no idle and require new valve springs and all that crap. It should take about 3 weeks for the cam to arrive, hopefully I will get a big of extra performance out of it.
    You are using that qm200 cam?

6. #26 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Sorry to bring this back up but does anyone know if the suzuki lt250 camshaft would work ok in my rmr125? I actually have one of these cams lying about and after reading this and having a look at the lt250 cam it looks the exact same as the one in my bike but I don't want to fit it if it doesn't work ! If it's no good can someone point me in the direction of one on taobao ?thanks
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

7. #27 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    they said that LT230 works fine,, so i guess, LT250 has just bigger lift and duration.. (more power definitely).. and if you have 30mm molkt carb together with 150cc cylinder, this is definitive good upgrade,, this way i am sure, you will hit 10k RPM without problem as you did in stock, and after this, you may need to go up on front sprocket, because you will have ton of unused power because of short gears.. .. btw.. where did you buy 30mm molkt carb, how much did it cost you, intake malifold worked ok on that carb and.. can you reach 10k RPM now? :) (as on stock..)
    and.. 150cc cylinder + these other upgrades.. how much did it improve power.. and whats your top speed? :)

8. #28 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Thanks for the reply I might fit the lt250 camshaft tomorrow then !I'm guessing the cam sprocket on my original camshaft will bolt straight on to it and hopefully get a little gain ! :) any ideas on the valve clearance settings when I change it? And will I need to fit bigger valves and springs or anything or is it just as easy as switching over camshafts?.I got my Molkt carb from eBay and used the manifold of the stock carb to get it to fit ,after all the mods I've done to my bike I can get 75-80mph from it on a good day it's a huge difference as when it was stock I would only get 60mph but I have fitted the big bore kit,performance cdi,performance coil,bigger carb and jets and full dep system and 17t front sprocket and a few other bits and bobs to get it to where it's at ..it's a great bike for what I need it for :)
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

9. #29 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Actually its recommended to change springs.. but unless you are gonna push it too far (over 10k RPM) i dont think there is gonna be problem,..
    can you reach on stock cam 10k rpm with these mods?... Its gonna be more than little gain :P, i guess. keep clearances close to stock, before starting the engine with starter.. try turning engine with that bolt.. to see if valves doesnt hit piston, as you have beautiful bike.. and.. if it start and runs, i guess you will need to increase idle rpm a bit due to more wild camshaft timing :), and also lif it start and runs,, dont rev it like crazy,, rev gently, as it needs a bit of break in..
    PS: What is your current engine miles? (not mileage, but how many miles did already the bike travel.. )
    aaand. give us some pics, because i want to do this too,.
    If it runs good, give us some video :)
    Have fun tuning your RMR :)

10. #30 Re: DRZ125/XF200 cams interchangeable?? 
    Thanks for reply ,I'll just leave the springs as they are and just install the lt250 camshaft first and see how I get on,I don't really push the bike to much unless I do a bit of off roading on it in the nice weather ..I'll probably get round to installing this cam in a few days when the weather clears up a bit and don't see any problems fitting it tbh unless my stock camshaft sprocket doesn't fit on the suzuki lt250 camshaft which would mean I'd have to order another cam sprocket to fit.After I installed all the current mods on bike I've probably done around 700 + miles so everything's more or less ran in and the bike runs perfect .I can get to 10k revs on my bike at the moment and I'll certainly get a few pictures of the cam when it's installed and a video ..Here's hoping it goes well the only difference I did notice between the cams is the stock cam seems a little bit longer at the end where the sprocket goes where as the lt cam is slightly shorter but otherwise there identical and should fit ok :) the cam I'm fitting is a year 86 - 87

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast