Newish rider from Shanghai.

Interestingly enough, had never known about this site, even though I get asked bike questions all the time.

Bought a TZM150 with Jiangxi plate licenced to myself, insured, legalish - paperwork all good etc a few months ago, but still need to complete my E licence.

Thats been in process for approximately 3 years now, mostly because I just can't get up on the weekend to go drive to the training place in hongkou at 7am.

I have finally been to one lesson though, and the bike training centre guy was like - just take the test when I want, so probably get that done this month finally ;)

Its my first bike - i thought I'd get something small engined.
I've been up to the parts market in putuo for bits and pieces (oil, battery etc), but i probably need to do a bit of maintenance on it before I do any trip longer than a few minutes.

As I still need to get my license, not riding it yet.

Bike pic here -
(yes I know about the small oil leak)

Should probably add that I've been in Shanghai for a while now, ahem. (well longer than most of you), so I do know all the rules and regulations *quite* intimately. Looks like I wrote most of the english language stuff about motorbikes that's available online about Shanghai's rules ;)