I just came across an 'emergency jump starter battery kit' for $25 inc postage on a website; it seems it is a 30 volt discharge, rechargeable battery you keep connected via cigarette lighter socket. Then it senses battery state and either charges itself or discharges into the car system in minutes. Meant to work under load to start 8 cylinder cars ....! Now apart from the voltage discrepancy I reckon if it is always connected and you accidentally leave the lights on or whatever, it will drain as soon as the main battery has drained. Thus not be able to boost start the car. Unless of course it is isolated by the key switch?
Anyway, as I have twice left the interior lights on over the weekend recently and thus had to wait for battery charge-up before I could go into town, I thought I would give this a try. If it fails in that supposed job, it might squeeze under the m'bike seat and be wired in as a cheap second battery for gps etc.
Any thoughts? Like, 'don't be daft' or 'what a brilliant idea?'. Any comments welcome, I am bored and this forum is dead lately. Whatever happened to Moilami?