Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: JH600 stalling

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2333414243
  1. #421 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Let me know the figures and I will tell you if they are ok.

Eric
    Sorry for the late reply ... I'm a little busy with other bikes, right now.

Thanks for the help, Eric. My JH600 is still sitting at the Service Center, awaiting the holidays to finish at the Jialing factory in ChongQing so that the factory "techs" can be consulted.

I probably won't know anything for a week, or so. And I am rarely near the Beijing Service Center, so I can't drop by and take measurements.

Again, thanks.

I've given this a fair amount of thought, and it always boils down to the fuel/air/compression/spark. The stalls happen at various times, under varying conditions, so it is really a tough nut to crack. Anyways, we'll see.

2. #422 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Well, the upgrade didn't work. Fortunately, the Beijing Service Center has agreed to put me back to where I was, at no charge. I'm going to transfer off the A plate, get a legal plate from another province, and just have this bike for occasional country rides (where the stalling is minimized). No need to have a 25K in-city plate on a bike I won't use in the city.

I have other toys I can play with. My YBRs (both 125 and 250) are definitely racking up the kms these days. And I'm still waiting for a shiny new GW250 to arrive (delay, delay, delay ... the dealer is running out of excuses).

Sigh, another China experience.

3. #423 Re: JH600 stalling 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear LJH,

Sad and strange outcome. Our boys Motokai and Milton are very pleased with their 3.0 upgrades. Though I've bought the whole upgrade kit, I'm still on my old 2010 2.0 ignition system, and it's giving me no problems, so I'm thinking I'm going to keep it that way until such a time as it needs an upgrade.

Has Jialing itself become any more responsive, now that they have a whole new team of people on the JH600 account?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #424 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Has Jialing itself become any more responsive, now that they have a whole new team of people on the JH600 account?
    Jialing is just another Chinese manufacturer - as soon as the product leaves the factory, it is forgotten about.

As for the bike, everything was tried, and it was beginning to consume too much of my time & effort. Too bad, because I kinda liked the bike. But it is comparative heaven to ride all my other bikes, where I never give any thought about stalling. I even have a Regal Raptor 250 in my stable that purrs without stalling (although it rattles a lot!).

5. #425 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Time to give credit where credit is due ...

I picked up my JH600 this morning with the understanding that I will try it out for a while. If I don't like the upgrade, no problem, the Beijing Service Center will return it back to the original parts, no charge for anything. Decent of them.

Prior to picking it up, the mechanic had stated that he had extensively tested the bike over the past few weeks, and he had experienced some continued stalling, after the upgrade. He began playing with things, tweaking this and that, and trying to get some consistent no-stall condition. I like the mechanic there - he is one of the few guys I've seen, in China, work on bikes who actually knows what he is doing. Anyways, he said that his last long road test had only one stall, but he was at a loss to get it any better.

Anyways, as I said, I picked the bike up ... with low expectations. To my complete amazement, the bike runs perfectly, with zero stalls. I tried everything to get it to stall, so I could bitch at them ... nope ... no stalls. I gave it a good 30 km run through stop & go Beijing traffic ... zero stalls ... not once. Previously, I could not run more than a few blocks without the bike stalling, and it stalled at virtually every traffic light, sometimes several times.

So, my love-affair with the JH600 is back in high gear. I do like this bike, a lot. Now, I just hope it is not a one-night-stand.

Thumbs up to the Beijing Service Center.
    Last edited by Lao Jia Hou; 09-01-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typos/grammar

6. #426 Re: JH600 stalling 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear LJH,

That's fantastic news. Yes, also hope the second honeymoon continues, and you get a ton of riding pleasure from this beast of a bike.

I do hope also that the mechanic kept some records of whatever it was he did, as this would help other JH600 riders deal with their own stalling problems. I'm tempted to suggest that your guy, and the Jialing guy in Hefei Li Shaoji 李绍基, our boys in Shanghai and the technical/marketing folks in Chongqing convene a meeting to discuss what was done to reach such a nice outcome.

Is that asking too much?

My JH600 runs stall-free -- inshallah, knock wood -- but I'm always filled with low-level dread that the mysterious virus will attack at just the wrong moment.

cheers!

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #427 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Update - well, it has been a week since I picked up the upgraded bike, and I've put just under 1,000 kms on it ... testing it out to see if it stalls. I've tried everything, and put it through some rough rides, some smooth rides, some fast rides, some inching rides (well, that is pretty much whenever I am inside the 3rd ring road). I've even let it sit and idle for several minutes, over-cooking itself.

Result - it has stalled once in that (approx) 1K kms. OK, still not perfect, but damn close. And when compared to what it was like before, this is an entirely different bike.

Time to give the good old boys at the Beijing Service Center their deserved payment.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2333414243