Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: JH600 stalling

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 818262728293038 ... LastLast
  1. #271 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Just curious, how much $$$$'s / RMB would a new JL ECU and reflash cost?
    I have asked that same question, a few times, and nobody will tell me! Amazingly, at one point I instructed the Beijing Service Center to order everything for me - I don't know if it did, but all that the Service Center offered was to "disconnect the camshaft sensor."

One thing I have discovered, however, is that the "official" parts & service price list published by Jialing differs substantially from what the Service Centers charge. The Service Center prices are three to four times the "official" prices. The official list is published in the back of a Jialing magazine.

Anyone else get an actual price for "everything"?

2. #272 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Anyone else get an actual price for "everything"?
    We are in the process of finding that out. It should come in soon.
    Cheers!

3. #273 Re: JH600 stalling 
    If I recall correctly, people were test riding the JH600 in May of 2007, and I think the first purchase I heard of was in October of 2007. Four years have passed, and the bike still has FI problems. Someone from the factory bullshits you into thinking that the new model A has fixed the issue, but doesn't give you any evidence of high mileage model A's running correctly, and you are still willing to dump several thousand quai on the parts that may (or may not) solve your problem. That must be some damn fine Kool Aid they're serving up at Jialing. I hope those of you spending the cash for this upgrade actually get a long term fix, otherwise, this thread could go on for years.

My gut instinct tells me this is a case of AVL and Bosch getting together to make Jialing look bad. I feel sorry for Jialing, as they are the victim of evil foreigners trying to ruin the image of a respectable Chinese company. {BURP...pardon me, must have been the Kool Aid}

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #274 Re: JH600 stalling 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    ...That must be some damn fine Kool Aid they're serving up at Jialing. I hope those of you spending the cash for this upgrade actually get a long term fix, otherwise, this thread could go on for years.

While everything you say is spot on, and reflects a valuable perspective gained from watching this bike's evolution over the years, it's easier to take that perspective if you are not the proud owner of one of these bikes. No one wants this thread to go on for years. My bike cost me real money and is not a throw-away. Unless we are willing to throw out everything, a conclusion that brother LJH seems to have reached, we owners have a financial interest in learning to like the Kool-Aid.

When life gives you lemons...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #275 Re: JH600 stalling 
    My gut instinct tells me this is a case of AVL and Bosch getting together to make Jialing look bad. I feel sorry for Jialing, as they are the victim of evil foreigners trying to ruin the image of a respectable Chinese company. {BURP...pardon me, must have been the Kool Aid}
    Is that joke right? I'm a little confused now.
    Euph, it's not silly to throw out everything that has Chinese badge on it. Chinese reverses universe, if you know what I refer to.
    同志仍需努力

6. #276 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Hahahaha - THAT was funny! Thanks for the chuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    No one wants this thread to go on for years.
    I do - I want to be reading about how Jialing came to our rescue, about how Jialing provided us with extended warranties (for free), about how Jialing gave us the ability to download the ECU mapping software, and about how we all appeared in the next issue of JH600 Magazine ... "Happy Foreigners Enjoying Harmonious JH600s." First, though, I have to finish my letter to Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    My bike cost me real money and is not a throw-away. Unless we are willing to throw out everything, a conclusion that brother LJH seems to have reached, we owners have a financial interest in learning to like the Kool-Aid.
    Whoa Nelly - I haven't thrown out my bikes ... YET. They are for sale (for real money), and I am sure I will take a HUGE hit on them (actually, because I own two, double the amount). But I am also a realist ... if Jialing doesn't fix this ... these bikes are not worth my while (or life). If JL does fix it ... yippie, I will keep them (maybe).

7. #277 Re: JH600 stalling 
    have you guys considered ditching the efi and putting a big ole 38mm mikuni on it?

8. #278 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    have you guys considered ditching the efi and putting a big ole 38mm mikuni on it?
    Great idea - I pursued that one early on, but came to the conclusion that it is kinda tricky (from reading other forums dealing with EFI). One wrench in the process is spark timing (ECU controlled).

9. #279 Re: JH600 stalling 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Bart Sanders's Avatar
    Hi there!

Just my two cents in this "stalling" discussion: on the JH600 Solo we received last summer, I have seen that the sensor on the camshaft head is not installed anymore. The casting shows the mounting position, but the sensor has been deleted. The service manual however, still mentions it.

Anyway, if it fixes the stalling problem, for the better! And then again, what is not present cannot malfunction.....

Regards!

Bart

10. #280 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Sanders View Post
    Anyway, if it fixes the stalling problem, for the better! And then again, what is not present cannot malfunction.....

Bart
    Dear Bart,

Apparently you have not followed this thread closely. The stalling doesn't have a single cause that we can point our finger to but a sleuth of possible ones. My guess is that the ECU design itself is not robust enough or have enough built-n margin for errors. Any wear and tear of parts related to the ECU are likely to upset it and make it stall. There are trails of documented cases of bad contacts and faulty parts that lead to stalls, in addition to that "redundant" camshaft sensor.

It seems the newer model (2011) is less likely to stall. However, based on our experience in dealing with Jialing, we'd still like to remind all Jialing owners the following concerns:
    1. The 2011 model is relatively new and not sufficiently time-tested. My 2010 JH600 did have some stallings in the beginning when I first purchased it, but didn't get really bad until after 14,000 km.
    2. The fact that Jialing doesn't come clean with us about the problem and pretty much has abandoned us owners with older sick bikes really creates serious doubt about Jialing as a responsible supplier of bikes.
    3. There isn't an ECU maintenance program for JH600, and none of the distributors or "agents" has the ECU diagnostic console necessary for fixing or calibrating any ECU related problems. Jialing is completely uneducated on this modern ECU technology. I for one don't know how anybody can depend on Jialing for continuous supply of reliable bikes of any quantities and their long-term maintenance/support.

I noticed that you have imported a couple of JH600A/B to Netherlands, which are of "beta quality" at best in my opinion. Hope my 2 cents here provide you with some food for thought.

Cheers!

Milton

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 818262728293038 ... LastLast