Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: JH600 stalling

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233141 ... LastLast
  1. #201 Re: JH600 stalling 
    C-Moto Regular
    so it's the problem related to ECU or other parts? We have 600A. no these kinda experience at all.

2. #202 Re: JH600 stalling 
    On my way home from work today I had another stalling free trip. The idling speed was a bit higher around 1850rpm. Not the smoothest ride but no stalling. The idling speed seems to vary from ride to ride. Temperature definitely is one of the parameters that determine its level.
    Forgot to mention that with the current “fix” the gas mileage is about 12% lower than previously. This should not come as a surprise, as the floor of fuel mixture is lifted higher to fool an ECU bug..

3. #203 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by fons View Post
    so it's the problem related to ECU or other parts? We have 600A. no these kinda experience at all.
    Hi Fons.
    From everything I have read on this forum, plus what I have tried on one of the bikes, I guess 40% is a incorrect setting of some parameters at the factory, 40% is within the ECU (lean fuel map / spark / error / whatever), and the rest is the vurnability of the total system (decompression valve, bad fuel, dirty fuel filter, bad sparkplug, bad batttery, etc.

It is good to know that you don't have problems, which only confirms my very first saying that such a simple design like a 1-cylinder engine should basically always run as long as it get enough fuel....
    I am not sure how succesfull we will be in the next step towards Jialing, but it is good to know you got a problem free bike.
    I might call upon you in a later stage.

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    On my way home from work today I had another stalling free trip. The idling speed was a bit higher around 1850rpm. Not the smoothest ride but no stalling. The idling speed seems to vary from ride to ride. Temperature definitely is one of the parameters that determine its level.
    Forgot to mention that with the current “fix” the gas mileage is about 12% lower than previously. This should not come as a surprise, as the floor of fuel mixture is lifted higher to fool an ECU bug..
    Milton, the weather is getting warmer by the end of the week. Try to keep track of the air-pressure & -temperature against the stalling.
    If you want to make a better base, pass by my place on your way home for 5 min, and I turn the setting screw back, that should give you a stable idle for the rest of the week.

E.

4. #204 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Try to keep track of the air-pressure & -temperature against the stalling.........
    What "air-pressure"? You lost me there.

This morning, temperature 14 Celsius, 3 degrees warmer than yesterday morning. No idea what the "air-pressure" reading was. 3 stalls. It's just so clear that the stalling is related to that stupid program in the ECU.

5. #205 Re: JH600 stalling 
    So I am not only transforming you into a class A technician, but also into a professional meteorologist :)

Air pressure on earth varies due to the weather, hence high and low pressure systems.
    It further varies over altitude, the higher you go on earth, the lower the pressure gets.

Besides of a Outside Air Temp sensor, your bike is also registering this air pressure with a sensor.
    It will reduce the fuel injection time (less fuel in the mixture) if the pressure is lower.

Todays pressure in SH is 1025 hPa.
    http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/ea....php?icao=ZSSS

6. #206 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Oh my God!
    You shock me, really modern bikes register the air pressure to adjust the injection system? I wasn't even aware this was a parameter for cars, let alone for motorbikes.

Does this means that if I'm ever going to ride to Tibet, my bike (YBR250) will adjust automatically to the new altitude (lesser pressure I suppose) and oxygen concentration?

7. #207 Re: JH600 stalling 
    C-Moto Guru
    Milton, perhaps you could tell us here how the JH600 performed in your "Chengdu to Gongga Shan" trip. You took it over 4k elevation right! You didn't have anything adjusted to your bike before you went up, did you?
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

8. #208 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fons View Post
    Hi fons

Congratulations on your good fortune. I've spoken with two owners of the newest JH600A (presumably with the version 3.0 ECU), and those owners indicate that they have experienced at least some stalling. As Eric (998S) has noted, the ECU is probably not the only contributing factor. It seems that you were lucky enough to get a "planets are perfectly aligned" bike (which is like a lottery), and fortunately your experiences will be more pleasant. Unfortunately, I know many more lottery losers than lottery winners.

I think what most of us have found MOST frustrating is Jialing's complete unwillingness to address this issue. We are all adults, and aware that ANY bike can have problems. Where the rubber hits the road, however, is how the manufacturer deals with its customers. At this stage, after a VERY long discussion/interaction with JL (and its agents), we have ended up with two official responses:

1) disconnect sensors (ridiculous)
    2) change engine oil brand (completely ridiculous)

OK, we are adults ... but Jialing treats us like 3 year old children.

I, as an owner of both the two wheeled and three wheeled version, would eagerly replace the faulty parts. Shit, I even offered to replace the entire drive train with the new JH600A 3.0 drivetrain if ... and I emphasize IF ... Jialing unconditionally guaranteed that this would eliminate the stalling problem. If the stalling persisted, to any degree, I'd insist that Jialing buy the bike back, including the cost of all new parts. Jialing refused my offer ... and that pretty much tells me what Jialing knows and doesn't know.

By the way, Jialing has lied to me, time and again, about these problems. First, they denied that it was even happening (we knew of several other examples). Next, they blamed me (uh, I've been riding for 40 years & have owned dozens of bikes). This was followed by "oh, some bikes are just like that, don't worry" (no, it is a serious safety concern). Followed by a myriad of other nonsensical "ideas", "solutions", etc.

This stalling issue has also overshadowed other issues that would, without any question, result in an immediate recall if these bikes were sold in a marketplace with consumer protection. For example, the rubber chain guide has a tendency to wear prematurely and can cause catastrophic failure, potentially resulting in the bike's rear wheel seizing up. There are also examples of premature stator failure, decompression valve failure, and so on, and so on. Jialing's responses have been pathetic.

Again, however, all of these issues could be somewhat expected on a new model ... but Jialing's complete lack of customer support has forced me to return to tried & true manufacturers, such as Yamaha.

Bottom line for me is ... whenever a bike experience is more painful than pleasurable, I sell the bike.

Jialing will not get my business back. Too bad, because I kinda liked the bikes when they were running properly.

9. #209 Re: JH600 stalling 
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Milton, perhaps you could tell us here how the JH600 performed in your "Chengdu to Gongga Shan" trip. You took it over 4k elevation right! You didn't have anything adjusted to your bike before you went up, did you?
    My JH600 performed marvelously in western Sichuan without any prior adjustment. I hardly noticed any difference in its performance on high altitude, over 4200 meters a few times. The other 2 carbureted bikes of my companions didn't fare well, coughing and failing to pick up speed all over the place, very frustrating for them. There was no stalling at all on my JH600, I might add. According to Eric, our JH600 might actually enjoy the high altitude better, as the fuel mixture is raised up due to the lower pressure.

Then the stalling really acted up after getting back to Shanghai 2 weeks later.

10. #210 Re: JH600 stalling 
    C-Moto Regular
    guys,
    another jh600a and mine accompany Milton from shanghai-chengdu. so we have no stalling problem. guess we are damn lucky enough.
    i only have a small minor problem with my key. sometimes the lock doesn't detect my key. but i know more or less how to avoid this problem. so it's not big deal.(but problem is still there)
    Jialing has its damn ego of state enterprise. same as communists never agree their fault. Really sorry to see you guys have so much pain, and meanwhile we lucky riders enjoy it very much.
    from chengdu to lhasa, our jh600A performs extraordinary. impeccable, i have no complain to it at all except its relatively small HP, of course you know the spec when you place the order.

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233141 ... LastLast