Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 reply to where is god 
    SEE profile pic for new age washing machine
    to the where is god page,, i had a strong feeling that i should reply to it. so read that then read this

i would say, there is no problem, we have not lost any god. to loose something you need something to have in the first place.
    my problem with the idea of god goes along these lines;

if he made us, why cant we remember any thing before being born? surly if i cant remember anything before being born, at the other end of the wall i wont remember anything when i die.

in the name of god man has killed many many people and done terrible terrible things. but not half as terrible as what god him self has done.

if the almighty exists and created the world, why did he put an expiration date on it? everyone knows our sun cant last forever, but before that runs out the earth will have left the green zone and entered the red zone where its to hot to live, damn gravity.

if god created good, and the devil created bad, and god asks man not to ask for proof he exists but says the devil will try and tempt us, then how do we know god created man and not the devil. if we can ask the devil to prove him self and exchange our souls then it seems the devil is the more active ....thing.... and if he is the active one while god sits around watching us live out our lives surely it makes sense that the devil created us.
    the mother of the son of god was a virgin, before her there was no bible, and im sure god didnt ask if he could have his way with her, so there for god raped a virgin who was married, that goes against one of his own commandments (do as i say not as i do, springs to mind as well)

so if a devil and a god exist, who made them? they would have needed a mother and a father, and how do we know their parents didnt break one of their childs rules and have multiple kids with multiple partners.

this family tree would get difficult.
    for simplicity lets say gods parents only had one kid,, god. may god not be a bit spoilt being a only child? im not a only child but even i played god with an ant farm when i was younger. i gave them light and warmth and food for all ants and made no such promise of eternal life after they died.

if there is no devil and god created man, and man created evil then god created evil and so deserves no praise for this.
    but thats not right as Adam and Eve had temptation, and that is evil right? so i should rewrite that;if god created man, then created evil to tempt man and so make man evil, then a god that creates evil deserves no praise.

money IS evil, we all know this, it makes people do the most god forsaken things imaginable, so money is evil and the churches want it. with that train of though you would have to believe that churches are evil, and churches praise god and so god is evil.

any how, that was my 2 cents :-) thanks

2. #2 Re: reply to where is god 
    I'm with you on this one but it's an argument i usually try to stay out of. Picking holes in religion is easy, but it's an argument you will never win as by their own rules, god cannot be disproved. What you consider an irrefutable argument, they regard as lack of faith. God believers will tell you that you must have faith that god exists, so it doesn't matter how little sense it makes, faith trumps logic.

I just stay out of it, it's a waste of time...

3. #3 Re: reply to where is god 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Good advice, Felix. Though here in godless China the issue is moot. Or is that her in the politburo?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: reply to where is god 
    Interesting point. A self-perpetuating, infallible entity that is to be followed without question. I see the parallels...

5. #5 Re: reply to where is god 
    oh what a shit!!!!!!!!!!!
    go out riding! this is a motorbike blog

6. #6 Re: reply to where is god 
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    oh what a shit!!!!!!!!!!!
    go out riding! this is a motorbike blog
    hence why it is in the
    'Forum: Off Topic Discussions'

due to it being off topic :-)

7. #7 Re: reply to where is god 
    I am not a literalist…go wonder around in the desert and see if you can find your answerer. Eat some peyote if you feel lost, but ask for wisdom. Your post is full of logical manipulations.

Some people have time on their hands and some of them have great ability to focus…some choose something to unite people on and that could be and could have been the revelation of good and evil.

Calling a people godless that have a rich history of philosophy is short sighted? The pursuit of balance and harmony exists everywhere, lost souls are not godless some are actually god mongers.

People that do bad things and know they are bad things are not godless they are often simply sociopaths and often just narcissist and or hedonists. Some are just damaged….

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

8. #8 Re: reply to where is god 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    Nice to see this thread getting back on topic.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: reply to where is god 
    i feel all the more confident now in going to sleep, i didnt understand much of that so will try again after a good days sleep.