Hey all,

I have been through here asking questions before regarding bikes to purchase, but I am back again! What I know from before:

The Lifan's and Regal Raptors are a forum favorite for quality and reliability. That is cool. I also got that the lower end japanese brands (Yamaha/ Suzuki) are manufactured and distributed locally giving them wider availability in China, but also less quality that what we would expect in the states.

So here is the predicament that I am in. I want to get a new bike cuz a new job has a greater commute & I want to tour as well.

Limitations: Max, 14,000 RMB budget
Size: around 150-250 CC
(want something that is not too slow for the highways as that can be dangerous)

What I have seen thus far:
All the dealers I have talked to thus far have said they don't have any Lifan's higher than 150 CC, but even those are hard to find. Nothing that I have seen so far is water cooled either... all air cooled... but that may not matter as much at this low a size. The sport model Lifan seemed to be desirable as it had the large gas tank. The suzuki's had much bigger engines, but the take was sooo small at 10 L while the Lifan with the smaller engine had 12 L.

The Yamaha's I haven't looked at yet much b/c they seemed so expensive/above the budget, but now that I think about it, I may wan to for some extra reliability. The other issue is that it should also be comfortable for a passenger riding behind as well...

I am still shopping around at other dealers but this is where I am at so far. Am I leaving out something that I should consider? How about other options for bikes that I may have missed?

Thanks for any ideas!