Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    TD, very nice find, this Yingang YG250NF. Have you seen this bike in the wild? Does the Taiwanese bloke you mentioned ride it in Shenzhen? Has he let you ride it? The "review" you've posted is a good start, but reads like it was written by the Yingang marketing department!
    I haven't encountered one on road neither knew that Taiwanese buddy (he seems to be a decent guy). from what i read, he got 1 of 15 bikes intended for local market, order directly from factory for about 14500 inc. delivery. So no dealers up to now.
    BTW, I knew the 'review' is more like a ad., (all chinese reviews are written in same style for reason )

2. #12 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    I think that the Yingang could be a great bike, an OK bike or a POS. But I ain't going to be the one to find out, as it could even cost me dearly if a triple tree bolt or frame weld isn't up to the job. Most Chinese companies do their R&D on their consumers when things go wrong, not on a test track. I've decided to pretty much bite the bullet and fork out for a Yamaha YBR250 next spring. Don't think I am ever gonna take the gamble with a purely Chinese made machine again.

Wanglong I have an February 2007 Sundiro Honda CBF150 for sale if you are interested Zibo Shandong plates and insurance. 4500 RMB.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #13 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks Andy & td_ref! Lots of good info here. I am worried that I won't be able to find the yan gang...it is hard enough to find the lifans! Does the manufacturer list dealers?

The good news is that Andy's suggestion of the qingqi would be readily available. I think the yang gang would meet my needs/desires better if I can find it!

4. #14 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by wanglong View Post
    I think the yang gang would meet my needs/desires better if I can find it!
    Should be easy to get information from Yingang. Their website is in English, and they have a half-dozen people who you can contact, even via chat over MSN Messenger... Have your pick! There's Coco and Daphne and and Jenifer and Jacqueline....

Do let us know what you find out!

As for dealer networks, we Jialing JH600 riders are familiar, if not entirely comfortable, with the total lack of a dealer network...
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #15 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    You know, that is why I am so happy for this forum and wish there was one like it for everything in china! As much as I don't like the inability to trust chinese brands, it is nice to see communities developing to help each other.

Are the lifans really that bad? I am surprised cuz I have seen numerous threads listing them as decent...then again,i currently own a jialing and can't believed that anyone else would recommend them, but I see lots of talk about those as well...

6. #16 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I think that the Yingang could be a great bike, an OK bike or a POS. Most Chinese companies do their R&D on their consumers when things go wrong, not on a test track. I've decided to pretty much bite the bullet and fork out for a Yamaha YBR250 next spring. Don't think I am ever gonna take the gamble with a purely Chinese made machine.
    You know, zbf does bring up a good point.sad, but good. Is there reliable info on these bikes? My chinese is not that good and it seems there is a lack of familiarity with the brand...

7. #17 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    ...Not so many liquid cooled DOHC 250 engines out there yet, this one is rated at 18kw, or 24hp. This is the same as the Shineray X2, which is also a lc DOHC. They also have the same bore, stroke and compression ratio. Does anyone know if this is the same engine?
    Yes, read somewhere else that they are identical. The engine is really good so far on my X2!
    No idea about the rest, but I think I have seen YinGang dealers in the local market.

@wanglong, maybe you dont know about YinGang because they cater primarily to the "normal" Chinese market. There are just to many of these "Chinese" Manufacturers that are worldleader in their field, but only sell in China - works fine because of the incredible size of the local market.

8. #18 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by andre555 View Post

@wanglong, maybe you dont know about YinGang because they cater primarily to the "normal" Chinese market. There are just to many of these "Chinese" Manufacturers that are worldleader in their field, but only sell in China - works fine because of the incredible size of the local market.
    That is fine and I understand.but with zbc point about chinese companies field testing it is harder to trust an unknown....helps that you have experience with the engine though.

9. #19 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    Moto Lee in Beijing, where a buddy just got a 200cc Qingqi for about 15000 with B plates.
    What kind of qingqi did he buy? Or accessories!? Or Plates?

I was just at another dealer and they were offering a 200cc qingqi for something like 10-12k RMB...

10. #20 Re: Market Choices: What is best for needs? 
    Quote Originally Posted by wanglong View Post
    What kind of qingqi did he buy? Or accessories!? Or Plates?

I was just at another dealer and they were offering a 200cc qingqi for something like 10-12k RMB...
    It was the Qingqi 200 Motard, with Jing B plates and I am not sure how much he paid but sth like 12-15k.
    Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast