Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 No humor at Chinariders! 
    Bruce of EJ Cycles is one of the better tech savvy motorcycle dealers/mechanics. He started with me when I was interested in becoming a Redcat dealer on the dealer thread at Redcat a few years back.

Mike started the LF200GY group, and I started the Jetmotogroup. 'Frostbite' then got the idea to branch off and start Chinariders, which was a very cool and efficient way to correspond over the crappy Yahoo groups that we had started. Bruce was, and has remained with us all the way.

Mike got pissed recently and pulled the plug on his Lifan group, and I keep Jetmotogroup for no good reason, other than I don't have to do anything with it, and it was a good way to direct people to Chinariders, and now here.

Well, the other day, a new member asked about a US importer called Wildfire. I remember them from a few years back, and from what I can tell, they rebrand Hi-bird products. They are based out of Ohio, which happens to be the same state that Bruce is in. He has met and seen customers who have bought Wildfire bikes and brought them into him, and thinks the bikes are lower quality than the main brand he carries, American Lifan. The thing is, if Bruce thinks something is s#@tty, he will let you know. I have never seen him direct anything negative toward a member who happened to ask a "what do you think of this company" but he will let you know if he thinks a company is sh*t or not. He responded to the member something along the lines of "lmao...blah, blah, blah"--not at the member, but the bike's brand.

Well, a few other newbies took offense at Bruce for some unknown reason, and I (usually always) give Bruce a hard time, especially when I think that members who respond to him negatively are gerally dipsh*ts for questioning this guy, rather than appreciating him for being a fu**ing genius when it comes to Chinese bikes, and a dealer/mechanic who hands out advice for free. Yes, several members have bought product from him, such as sprockets and such, but some others, who are probably messed up on drugs or drink, distorted this guy's intention. "lmao...." didn't mean "you're a nimrod" but rather--stay away!

Well, in some members giving him a real hard time, he felt he had to respond, and explain himself. He went so far as to mention that he will probably get banned, and I think he was serious. Me being the wiseass just couldn't resist the humorous opportunity, and stated "I hope you get banned" and put a bunch of the "LOL" symbols :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Well next thing I know, people said I was being hard on him, and then one of the Native American (no he's not really Native American, but the name I give him fits this)moderators "IronFist up his ass" (okay, just IronFist) starts chiding me publicly, and pm'ing me about how I had gone too far.

I then pm'ed him back with just "get over it" and he pm'ed me back with "nice tone" or some other bullsh*t like that. Yes I was serious, but not in a mean way, but maybe I should have said "just get over it"

I am not saying that was the last straw, and I disavow everything about www.chinariders.net, but come on! For a few weeks not too long ago, we had the back and forth between two members, and the subsequent banning of them, and then some moderators were chosen, and then now we can't have witty banter back and forth! WTF!!

I am sorry for the rant and rave, and no, I don't think my opinion is the only one that matters, and I do not suggest everyone quit there, but just be warned--the humor is slowly being taken away, and every f&*king thing that you say is being scrutinized--so just be forewarned!!!!!

And, after printing this, I do think it's all kind of funny...
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:: biggrin::stupid:

I don't know what to say really, but maybe this post would be more usefull in the CR suggestion box? Or maybe you posted it there too? I'm not trying to stir things up about this being posted here either, just nicer to see this place discussing the bikes and industry and stuff, rather then "competition".
    Last edited by Jim; 05-24-2008 at 03:25 AM.

You really do want me to get banned there!!

No, there is nothing to say--I got it off my chest, more as therapy, I am not going to quit there (unless I get banned :cursing:) but like I stated, it's all kind of funny because it happened to someone else :biggrin: ...oh, wait, it didn't, it happened to me (but it's still friggin funny!!)

4. #4 Oh Culcune, 
    Master of Thump
    Oh Culcune,
    you really do need to get a bike dont you ? :biggrin:
    If it was my choice I would ban you too from China Riders :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin::biggrin: You and Bruce actually ? I would ban me too but I arleady got banned from there ?
    Your nothing but trouble wherever you go , so get used to the rhetoric from everyone everywhere , especially there and especially from me Brother . :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin:

Explain this to me Cuclune, but why would someone sudgest this threade you started to warn people of China Riders arrogants lately be posted somewhere else besides the FORUM for non-sense and inaapprpriote but unoffensive threades ? Only a mole would do that , the little brown ones that live in the ground , stirring up crap above ground . JMHO

Cheers, Culcune, I love you anyway Brother , now go get a bike ! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Snortin Norton View Post
    Explain this to me Cuclune, but why would someone sudgest this threade you started to warn people of China Riders arrogants lately be posted somewhere else besides the FORUM for non-sense and inaapprpriote but unoffensive threades ? Only a mole would do that , the little brown ones that live in the ground , stirring up crap above ground . JMHO
    I'm not Culcune, but I can answer this... I suggested that he post it on China Riders so that they can work on resolving the situation... I suggested it be posted there rather then on a competing website because this site is young and I don't think it's a great idea to trash talk other sites involved in the industry.

Before this goes too far--I will remain on Chinariders, and I have nothing but good times there, other than this last bit of nonsense (IMO, nonsense). I got over it, and I urge others to visit there--just be careful what you say!!

7. #7 Culcune 
    Disambiguation
    I find it hard to believe that you ever felt insecure on china riders.... Bruce always has given you grief and you always stood up to it.. Without a hint of fear or repercussion.. Y'all just need to really saddle up and get over the ins an outs of posting in forums and internet politics.. You always have alot to contribute and people listen to what you have to say because you research things and dont just spout bs. Relax Culcune.. we still love ya... and I enjoy what you have to say here as well.

Dis

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'm not Culcune, but I can answer this... I suggested that he post it on China Riders so that they can work on resolving the situation... I suggested it be posted there rather then on a competing website because this site is young and I don't think it's a great idea to trash talk other sites involved in the industry.
    I hope Chinariders is not seen as competition. Frostbite (with others?) has been amongst the first to setup a forum dedicated to Chinese bikes and he should be thanks for this initiative. The more we'll have such forums the more people will get interested by Chinese bikes and will find support and advices.

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by Brice; 05-25-2008 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I hope Chinariders is not seen as competition. Frostbite (with others?) has been amongst the firsts to setup a forum dedicated to Chinese bikes and he should be thanks for this initiative. The more we'll have such forums the more people will get interested by Chinese bikes and will find support and advices.

Just my $0.02
    I agree 100%, I was just trying to say a site with the same subject matter... It's best if both sites can co-exist, and be prosperous.

Quote Originally Posted by Disambiguation View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you ever felt insecure on china riders.... Bruce always has given you grief and you always stood up to it..
    I spoke with Bruce today, and he told me that if he ever sees me in person, I better run cause he's got a bullet with my name on it! (Or that might have been my wife's ex-boyfriend).

No, Bruce and I were laughing over this bit of foolishness today on the phone, and he knew where I was coming from--there are a few who have been getting to him, though (no, not you 'Snortin'), lately.

Like I said--Chinariders evolved from the LF200GY Group (and maybe Jetmotogroup), and took the Chinese bike world by storm. I urge others to go there, too--there are quite a few knowledgeable people there who know their stuff mechanically (not me :blink:), and others who can guide you in the right direction (I am in that group), and some that know both (i.e., Bruce).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast