Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello people of the board!

I just got my baby about two weeks ago (Despite my camera saying last year). I do have some general questions that I couldn't find in the forums.

By the sounds of it, I have the same stock gearing everyone's talking about. It seems to be that it is reving quite high. Before I know it, I'm in 5th gear and putting down the road going 45mph @ 5500rpm (or 73kph for you normal people). This may be wrong because I just hooked up a vapor dash computer, and I think it's not setup properly. Is this normal? stock instrument shows 55mph @ 6500rpm... waaaaay off! More like 55mph @ 7200rpm

My vapor computer shows at least 800rpm's higher than the stock instrument, and it also shows about 5-8mph lower than the stock instrument. Wierd, but I trust it being that it has exact wheel measurements and it tied into the spark system.

Anyhow, I love this little bike! It just needs some waking up (gearing and Pipe).

Lastly, where art thou bike parts store? I was looking online and there doesn't seem to be any qingqi or qlink OEM part locations.

DSCI0795.jpgDSCI0792.jpgDSCI0791.jpgDSCI0800.jpgDSCI0794.jpg

Thanks for your time,
    Greg

2. #2 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    It’s interesting maybe you can get the 16 tooth front sprocket and then check the rpms and relative speed after its installed? I would like to know what your rpms are at 45mph after you put it on.

3. #3 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That sprocket is next, because everyone says they love theirs much better after the 16tooth install.

What is the normal temp these little bikes are supposed to hover around? Mines rolling around the 210deg [+/- 30deg].

I feel better now, I took all of that emissions stuff off and it seems a little cooler and smoother (that's a word right? smoother-est-ful?...)

Yeppers, The rpms are a little high. My vapor is still not setup correctly, Has anyone put this in? The rmps are very jumpy and wierd. I think I need to figure out the fire-ing config. Most 1cyl. engines fire once per revolution, so that's what I set it to. Maybe I'll find the low-voltage direct connect rather than doing the spark plug wrap-around...

I think this thread would be better off in the enduro section. Either way, Your input is valuable to me.

Thanks for your time,
    Greg

4. #4 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Hi mate, where abouts are you? If you want to know about parts availability etc. then folk need to know that. This isn't a busy forum but if you hang around and chat then usually someone experienced and knowledgeable will join in, give them time as some are weekenders, some are busy. You can search the threads about your make of 'bike and send a private enquiry to other owners as well. Good luck.

5. #5 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry bout that, I'm in the USA. Minnesota to be exact.

6. #6 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    What did you take off that is an emission control?

7. #7 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What did you take off that is an emission control?
    I dont know the specific names of the parts, but I can tell you what they do. There was one part that basically took air directly from the intake box and injected it into the exhaust portion of the head. The other isn't much of an emissions part, but it free's up some space by the battery and cleans the overall look of the engine bay. The other part was a canister with a charcoal insert that collected fuel fumes from the gas tank while is wasnt running and injects it right into the intake manifold after the carb.

The air injection into the exhaust port just creates more heat, dunno why.

8. #8 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Oh this thing…yeah that is ugly how did seal close the port off?

It would heat the engine wouldn’t it, since its sending hot exhaust back into the induction. It must take a certain amount of exhaust and send it back to get burned again?

I would like to see a compression test before and after? I wonder if it makes a difference or not? I agree the engine would look cleaners without it.

You looking into mufflers too? I want to get one made to match the original less the catalytic element….

Did you make a plate to seal the exhaust port and what did you use for a gasket? Pictures?

9. #9 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Pics? Yes, in a day or two.

I just left the (#5) part on the engine and threaded a bolt into in and sort of electrical taped it until I could get a bracket and seal made to take it from the engine.

That catalyser was drilled out by a 12in drill-bit. and it did seem to make a small difference. smaaaall difference.

I think a larger jet and better exhaust would make a world of difference. people were saying 127mainjet was great. I just found a 16t front sprocket and am waiting on that.

Just found out that the speedo was waaaaay off! when I thought I was going 55mph... Nope I was going 48ish-mph. Thanks to the vapor computer I'm on track now. I'm still trying to figure out the tach because I dont know what to believe. When the orig. tach is reading 4000rpm, the vapor is reading 5000rpm. it almost 1000rpm off at all stages!

seems a little hokey to me...

10. #10 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    125 main jet and a 35 slow jet
    Suzuki part numbers 09491-25010 and 09492-35008

That and a good muffler would make all the difference, drilling a hole in the catalytic device would not do much to eliminate the back pressure, its still being restricted.

I do not think my speedometer is off by 7mph…I would notice that, maybe 2-3mph.

I am totally certain my tachometer is not off by 1000 rpm that would mean I am idling at 300-500 rpm and that’s not possible.

You do realize the speedometer reads primary in Kilometers per Hour
    and secondary in miles per hour? There is a 62% difference and that is about what your seeing?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast