Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    This next one is the 16/45 tooth setup with the transmission calculations.
    It's kinda cool because it all rpms through the gears This seems the most favorable.
    16t front power.jpg

This next one is the stock setup of 15/48 and it seem more favorable that my vapor is rockin steady.
    15_48 setup.jpg

I've heard that this is the stock setup for some people (15/45) and it works out to be exactly the same as the 16/48 setup.
    stock power.jpg

If there is anything I should change, let me know and I'll run it through agian. As a side note, the vapor is correctly displaying these rpm rather than the stock tach.

I am totally certain my tachometer is not off by 1000 rpm that would mean I am idling at 300-500 rpm and thats not possible.
    It seems that the idle rpm is right on, but the second you leave 2500-3000rpms, it gradually goes bannana sammich.
    You do realize the speedometer reads primary in Kilometers per Hour
    and secondary in miles per hour?
    Yeppers! I do know that they are mph on the inside.

More pics are still commin, If you want em'
    Last edited by thedirtypickle; 09-28-2010 at 02:07 PM.

2. #12 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Update!
    I've noticed that I have a strange colored spark plug. It is bone white on one side of the spark plug, where-as the other side shows good color. Has anyone seen that before? is it bad?

3. #13 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Ive been looking into the EGR thats the device you removed, exhaust gas re-circulator. It actually lowers combustion temp by sending non-flammable exhaust gas back into the combustion chamber. It adds about 6-10% of the air component in the Air/fuel mix, it dilutes it. That keeps the combustion temperature down and in turn reduces the production of Nitrous Oxide that occurs over 2500 degrees.
    May be the cause of the white plug? Your fuel mix is to lean? Since the air was being diluted by the exhaust then would that require less fuel? It may need to be enriched? Then there may be some concern that the timing is not correct for the engine without the EGR? That EGR may be more integral that you originally thought?

4. #14 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Thanks for the printouts

5. #15 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Good point, all those points. Are you referring to the canister located by the battery or the reed valve closer the the head.

I've thought of that, but the fact of the matter here is that it lowered my temps at the head. Sorry about the pics every time i'm able to snap em', there has been poor lighting.

I googled the two sided spark plug and found very little about it. I did find a very cool thing to do to the spark plug in the mean-time.

There is something called "side chopping" to where you grind off a very small portion of the spark plug's "L"-shaped dealie enough to fully expose the electrode underneath (so that you can see it by looking at it from the bottom). Apparently they dont last as long, but they perform leaps and bounds past one that is not as well as keeping up with the irridiums. Keep it on the hush because apparently it is a well kept racing secret.
    Enjoy

6. #16 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    Quote Originally Posted by thedirtypickle View Post
    There is something called "side chopping" to where you grind off a very small portion of the spark plug's "L"-shaped dealie enough to fully expose the electrode underneath (so that you can see it by looking at it from the bottom). Apparently they dont last as long, but they perform leaps and bounds past one that is not as well as keeping up with the irridiums. Keep it on the hush because apparently it is a well kept racing secret.
    Very interesting! Could this be because the spark is more exposed inside the cylinder, rather than hidden underneath itself? What would cause it to perish faster? Actually, what does cause a spark plug to die, and how do you know when it's dead?

7. #17 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    heat....a white plug has been overheated.

the only real accurate temp is at the oil, you got variables in reading off the head.

The air coming in now is cooler....but the combustion is hotter. You eliminated the EGR that feeds exhaust into the intake, that exhaust is oxygen depleted, less oxygen less heat. Its the core temp in the combustion that is primary, with the EGR that combustion temperature was reduced. Your now burning hotter across the range were as before you had the EGR's affect.

8. #18 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 

9. #19 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    I took some pictures of the EGR so people can see what it is.

I think mine is noisy, I can tell when its open and when it trying to close, it makes a wapping sound.

10. #20 Re: My NEW XF200 qingqi (Pics!) 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    your sprak plug should just be cleaned and regapped every once in a while. I've never had to do that for any bikes I've had yet.

heat....a white plug has been overheated.
    I understand that it is heat, But have you seen a plug with a very normal colored side with a greyish/whitish side. Think of it like two-face from the new batman movie.

The air coming in now is cooler....but the combustion is hotter. You eliminated the EGR that feeds exhaust into the intake, that exhaust is oxygen depleted, less oxygen less heat. Its the core temp in the combustion that is primary, with the EGR that combustion temperature was reduced. Your now burning hotter across the range were as before you had the EGR's affect.
    This system is, and was, doing so very little than just capping off the hole to where it was reintroducing exhaust would create the same effect. Think about it, if it was pooping hot fumes in a regular fashion, it would be blazin hot and melt everything in the airbox. I dont know why, but my results were better than stock, heat-wise, and the damn thing is a wart on the side of this machine. When I shut her down, it raises about 10deg at the head then drops from there never getting above 214deg at most where as before it would hop up to around 230-240deg. Those are real temp measurements from a point on the head.

I love all this feedback. I think its because I'm surrounded by hillbillies that like to hunt and old people that love to read or listen to their elvis records. I dont get any tech talk... neeed it!

Thanks for your time,
    Greg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast