Decided to start this thread showing some of the stuff I've been carrying on various trips. The first part will be mostly related to the equipment I always bring, and the second part will cover some of the camping and travel gear my wife and I used while touring the USA this summer.

Feel free to chime in with your favorite equipment and ideas

First up are the tools. Most bikes come with horrible quality toolkits, hardly the stuff you want to rely on when you're out on the road. If you're in China, a quick trip down to the local tool market and you can make a nice quality kit for very little money. Roll some electrical and duct tape around the handle of a large tool and put some zip ties on to keep it from sliding.

The Wolfman toolbag is from America and I've had this one for over 5 years. Still looks like new and will probably last another 10 years.

All rolled up and ready to go. The lighter gives you an idea of the size and is also one of those handy things you don't want to forget.

I always carry a leatherman and a knife in my tank bag or side pocket. A lot of simple things can be fixed or adjusted with these which takes less time than breaking out the larger toolkit.

A small air pump can be a life saver when you're out in the boonies. I'm amazed at how many people tell me they don't carry one. Along with the pump, you should have a patch kit for tubes, or a plug kit for tubeless tires.

An assortment of popular nuts, bolts and spacers always seems to come in handy. Not a bad idea to add some helmet faceshield screws as well.

Locktite, super glue and liquid steel are great for temporary fixes.

Rubber gloves from the hospital or food prep industries are great for messy repairs.

Some fuel line, shrink tube, zip ties, piece of coat hangar and alligator clip wires can fix just about anything.

Tiny multi-meter for figuring out electrical issues.

Parachute cord or tent rope is very light and amazingly strong. Good for tying stuff down, hanging clothes, or towing your bike.

I keep all these supplies packed in a small cassette tape bag that is padded. Candy tins are a great way to keep things like glue from opening up and making a mess while out on the road.

A few spare parts that I usually car on longer trips.

A master link is absolutely vital and I recommend carrying two as a broken chain can really spoil your day. Make sure you get the exact same brand as the chain you buy as I have seen many cases where links won't fit from different manufacturers.

A spare shift lever is nice if you have the room.

Clutch and brake levers are easily broken if you don't have handguards.

An extra tube is pretty much mandatory for riding in China.

I also carry a spare clutch cable and spark plug.

That's the first part of my list, feel free to add more.

Cheers!
ChinaV