Unfortunately I live in the 'advanced' western world, not in China. This sort of thing is the rule, not the exception for so many things like replacement globes, tools, odds n sods. I just spent two hours and went to two hardware stores, a motorcycle shop, an auto-spares supermarket, an electrical goods store, two 'variety' stores, a chainsaw and mower repair business and an engineering workshop - just to try to get a M6 x 40 bolt - to no avail!

No one had any, not even in a bloody blister pack. Seriously, in a country town of 5000 people plus surrounding farms etc. you would think someone would carry a range of standard metric bolts? The engineering shop had some but wouldn't sell me any, they were 'just for their own use'. I won't go there for any more welding or repair work, sod'em.

I will have to drive 100 km. each way and spend money on fuel etc. just for a 50c bolt which fell off the bloody Kinlon. I also wanted a 'compact' mirror to replace GF's which I broke. I went to chemists, supermarket etc etc. Found just one - $24! She can do without for a while. And the supermarket had run out of milk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to put whisky in my coffee instead, to get over the day. Thank god for cigars and sex.