Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jefkazac2000 View Post
    rHello
    I have receive my new jetmax, and I would like to make a Lugerr ak for it. Your seems to te very good Is it possible for you to give me more infomation about ( form of the piece, dimension, shape)
    thanks
    Hi jefkazac2000
    Since I posted my review of the Jetmax, I have upgraded and added many items to my Jetmax to suit my wants and needs. The rear luggage rack that I had fabricated was replaced by the rear luggage rack that CFMoto manufacture. This meant that I also needed to buy the pillion hand / grab rails which have an additional moulded piece that is different from the standard hand / grab rails. The luggage rack is an alloy one piece unit that looks good and has performed well for the past 7 months that I have had it installed. Your dealer that you are buying the Jetmax from may not know that there is a luggage rack option from CFMoto for the Jetmax, but I can assure you there is. I only found out that CFMoto had a luggage rack for the Jetmax when I visited their manufacturing operation in Hangzhou and saw the completed Jetmax's off the assembly line with the racks on. I then promptly ordered one and the two new pillion hand / grab rails required to complete the install, which I did myself. The luggage rack installs with 4 hex bolts and lock nuts plus washers into the rear moulding of the left and right side pillion hand / grab rails, so you will have to get them too, unless your Jetmax comes with them pre-installed.

Here's some photos...

Jetmax luggage rack01.jpg

Jetmax luggage rack02.JPG

Jetmax luggage rack04.jpg

Jetmax luggage rack05.jpg

2. #22 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Bikerdoc,
    Many thanks for you informations and photos about the new luggage rack for the jet max. I contact my dealer this week to order one. I hope it will be possible

3. #23 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    Hello Bikerdoc,
    Many thanks for you informations and photos about the new luggage rack for the jet max. I contact my dealer this week to order one. I hope it will be possible
    Good luck. If your dealer say they can't get one, then it might be that the distributor or manufacturer says it's not available (crazy things happen in China). Let me know and I can get you one, if need be, you'd just have to wire me the funds etc. We can chat some more if that is needed. Remember that you will need the luggage rack as well as the left and right side pillion hand/grab rails unless your grab rails already have the extra moulded section at the back. The moulded section I refer to has two holes for each hand/grab rail.

4. #24 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi bikerdoc
    Thans for your proposition. I contact my dealer following week , and I let you know what he say. Havea good week end
    jefkazac

5. #25 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Bikerdoc
    I finally receive my Jetmax today. Beautiful machine ....
    but my dealer seems not to be able to provide me a luggage rack from CF Moto. As you have me propose, would it be possible for you to send me one ( with pillion hand / grab rails )directly from China ? I will naturally wire you the funds.

Thank you in advance

Jefkazac2000

6. #26 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    Hi Bikerdoc
    I finally receive my Jetmax today. Beautiful machine ....
    but my dealer seems not to be able to provide me a luggage rack from CF Moto. As you have me propose, would it be possible for you to send me one ( with pillion hand / grab rails )directly from China ? I will naturally wire you the funds.

Thank you in advance
    Jefkazac2000
    Hi Jefkaxac2000Co
    Congratulations on your newly acquired Jetmax. There are many things that I would suggest you look at upgrading many of which I have already outlined in this thread, but many other small things that I've not. For example, I've upgraded the rear shock absorbers to a dual adjustable preload/dampening spring with cartridge, so that now I have some adjustment on the arse end. I've swapped out the rear tyre for a Bridgestone 150/70-14 rear and a Pirelli Diablo Scooter 120/70-14 front. Much grippier and the rear tyre lifts the back end a few centimetres. Since the arse end of the scoot sits that much higher, I welded a couple little 2cm tabs to the legs of the centre stand. I didn't alter the sidestand at all. I played round with an aftermarket exhaust, which sounded nicer and gave better low down performance, but have swapped back to the heavier and quieter original muffler as the scoot did experience some diffcult starting at times during the summer. I'm not sure if this was because of the way the new muffler may have affected the EFI or if it was the humidity and high temperatures having an affect on the EFI?

Upgrade the pitiful standard halogen 35w lights with HID Xenons... even 25w make a big difference, and I also swapped out the little park light bulbs for some 4w LED's. I also added a small seat squab little bit like a gel seat, mainly to give me a little more height as I felt I sat too low into the scooter. That combined with the aforementioned larger rear tyre upgrade means I sit 4-5cm taller on the soot over stock standard. It makes huge difference and an improvement IMO.

So many other upgrades... even the mirrors I swapped out twice and now have the mirrors that come with the CFMoto 650NK. Watch out though as the right hand mirror has a left hand thread. I might make a list of all the changes I've added or made.

To your question, that would be no problem if your dealer can't get you the combined luggage rack pillion grab rails combo. Just let me know, if you want to go ahead with it, and I'll check out prices for you. Just be aware it is vacation here and I'm on holiday and likely won't be in a position to do anything for a month or more. Add to the that the time for me to get what you need then arrange shipping from here and you are likely looking at 3 months before you get it. PM me if you want me to look into this upon my return from vacation, and we can discuss payment etc.
    I'm hopeful you will have as much enjoyment out of your Jetmax as I do. Not sure if I mentioned already, but there is a newer model CF250T-8 called a Jetlux, based around the running gear of the Jetmax, but quite different aesthetics. Some nice innovative ideas, like the two part opening system of the seat, has nice LEDs and a different headlight design. Smaller 13' wheels though and doesn't offer the same level of weather protection.

PM me about your luggage rack.
    BD

7. #27 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi bykerdoc
    Thanks for your answer. Finally my dealer seems to be able to provide the combined luggage rack pillion grab rails combo for following mount. If not I will e mail you for arrangement's. My jetmax is wonderfull (in whit) . Just a problem, How to reach the battery? Your information are very practice, , Have good holiday (at sea ?). And happy new year

8. #28 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    Hi bykerdoc
    Thanks for your answer. Finally my dealer seems to be able to provide the combined luggage rack pillion grab rails combo for following mount. If not I will e mail you for arrangement's. My jetmax is wonderfull (in whit) . Just a problem, How to reach the battery? Your information are very practice, , Have good holiday (at sea ?). And happy new year
    No problem, just let me know if I can help. About the battery, it's not easy to get to... but if you get down and look behind the front wheel underneath the front fairing, crouching down or having the bike up on a lift - you will see a panel with two small screws tucked away in behind the front wheel at about the level of the top of the front mud guard. Use a Phillips/PK head screw driver and undo the screws and there you will find the battery. If you find yourself with a flat battery, remember that you can open the little storage glove compartment. Look over to the right side and you should find the white plastic fused link holder. Open that holder so you expose the cylindrical fuse. Connect a battery charger to one of the connectors on one end of the fuse and then find an earthing point for the earth lead of the battery charger. This method is much easier way of recharging the battery. I use this method often when I'm not using the Jetmax for several days or more. I connect a trickle charger to keep the battery "topped up"
    Trying to get down and into the battery compartment otherwise is not an easy task.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 01-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.

9. #29 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the information over the battery, it's a very good idea

10. #30 Re: CFMoto Jetmax 250cc CF250T-6A Scooter Luggage Rack 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello bykerdoc

How are you? I finaly did not receive my combined luggage rack pillion grab rails combo from my dealer. . Do you think you can send one in Belgium, like you have me proposed ? If yes send me the price Thank you in advance.
    My Email jefkazac2000@hotmail.fr
    Have a nice day

Jefkazac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast