Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    The Sachs Express 150cc road machine made for Sachs under license by FYM is apparently gaining popularity in Aus.

http://www.sachsbikes.com.au/express.php

The first importer went bust a couple of years ago but now all is back in place, new dealers and good supply lines and the bike is on-road (registered, prepped an dealer costs included) here for $2490 AU. This is the cheapest road bike available.

What does anyone in China know of these things? Are they available over there?

I have been told (by local dealer lol) that the engine is a Honda clone and 'bullet-proof' and the gearing is 15/39 with a true top speed of 110kph and all day cruising at 80+ kph . They say many purchasers are now past the 30K km mark and happy, with few problems.

Has a parts support turnaround in Aus of 24 hrs ... but I would like to identify external (China) sources for myself of course. So are these available, are parts gettable there, is FYM known as a manufacturer that would help with such things or are they another huge, uncaring conglomeration? Other bikes they do, reputation etc?

All comments welcomed!

2. #2 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    Jape,

They are available on the net and around town here in Shanghai. I Have an FYM's (eagle motorcycle) Sachs Madass. The bike and stuff is great but the engine is horrible. There are a lot of after-market engines available online and they are general bolt on deals like the 176cc engine I bought, its great! My Sachs was problematic but always repairable the usual bull, pistons, carb, cables and bulbs. Spares are hard to find in China for the Madass but not sure about the other models. I see a lot guys running around on race ready FYM scooter and they do haul ass but not sure what kinds of stuff they are doing to their scoots. One note is that the domestically sold FYM Sach's my vary in quality for the export models. The US sells the Sachs Madass and the X road any everyone seems to really like them with out much complaints.

Winston

3. #3 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I bicycled to Shanghai scootertown in Jiaoji Lu yesterday to pick up an Adlo 928 topbox for my JH600 (150 rmb), and almost got run over by a little shit on a Madass, who turned and glared at me. Then I looked in the window of the shop that had been flogging Madasses last summer and saw nary a one. They did have some Sachs scooters, which looked a lot like your classic Vespa, with the curved fairing to keep your knees out of the wind. A different beast altogether, psychologically speaking, compared to the Madass.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    I wonder if a water pistol full of an indelible, nasty-smelling dye counts as a concealed weapon?

There is a Sachs X-road http://www.peirspeed.com/xroad.htm which looks more interesting than the Express I was interested in at first, but it is not in Aus. that I can find. I ahd heard also that it was to be 250cc but it is not!
    The forum reports seem mixed as always; I had hoped that as Sachs sent an engineer or two over to set up the product lines and quality control, the Sachs models would be more reliable, seems not.

5. #5 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi,my name is Kevin, from Fym Sachs company in China.
    first of all, thank you for your interested in our Fym Sachs products, such like Madass, X-road, Ameci, Eeagle model....
    welcome to contact us if you have any suggestion or any purchase plan on our Fym Sachs products. thank you.
    below is my msn:ylf168168168@hotmail.com

6. #6 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, just wondering if any info re parts in Australia.. barrylburns@bigpond.com

7. #7 Re: Sachs Express and FYM questions 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1647 View Post
    Hi, just wondering if any info re parts in Australia..
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1647 View Post

Dear Barry,

Welcome to MCM and thanks for your post. Did you try the guy who posted immediately prior to your post? He's in China, but gives full contacts. He could probably help you out. Here are his details again:

Kevin Zhan
    Fym Sachs company, China.
    msn: ylf168168168@hotmail.com

Good luck!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)