Hi all,

I'm quite amazed to have found such a community, exactly what I was looking for !
I'm in the process of buying a small motorbike, a Honda SDH125 A, my first 125, and maybe to join you guys in trips around Shanghai to start with, before considering longer trips in China.
I live near Jing'an in Shanghai, and I do have quite a lot of questions for you gals and guys if you're kind enough to reply :

- the bike I'm buying is a 2nd hand, and the current owner doesn't have licence plates. I want to ride with plates (even waidi, I dont care), driving licence & insurance, but it seems quite hard to find a place where they can help you to get waidi plates if you're not buying a new bike. Went to the CJ sidecar shop, but they cannot help either. Does anybody know how I can do and the prices ?

- with waidi plates, could anyone confirm that I cannot ride in the inner ring (neihuan gaojia, or waihuan (A20) ?) except the evenings after 8pm and on the weekends ?

- for trips to Suzhou, Taihu lake, Hangzhou, what are the best routes I can take (except expressways), not too crowded and quite nice to ride on ? I'll take whatever pieces of info you guys can share !

Thanks in advance for any replies I could get, have safe rides for the October holiday all !

Fred