Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys
    I hope someone can help I have the RMR 125 09 plate it has less then 1000km on the clock (only had 200 when I bought it 3 months ago). I do 15 km a day to work it was running realy well then it had a problem it started to cut out at more then 7000rmp when I backed off the throtle it would fire up again. Then it stoped and would`nt fire up at all so I replaced the plug and coil it worked great for 50km now I have the same problem again it seems to cut out when it gets warm can anyone give any ideas what to do next please.

2. #2 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun69 View Post
    Hi Guys
    I hope someone can help I have the RMR 125 09 plate it has less then 1000km on the clock (only had 200 when I bought it 3 months ago). I do 15 km a day to work it was running realy well then it had a problem it started to cut out at more then 7000rmp when I backed off the throtle it would fire up again. Then it stoped and would`nt fire up at all so I replaced the plug and coil it worked great for 50km now I have the same problem again it seems to cut out when it gets warm can anyone give any ideas what to do next please.
    theres a chance you could be running extremely lean which is causing your engine to overheat and the higher the rev the hotter it gets which could be burning the plug out, what colour is the spark plug once it starts to cut out? also what jet set-up are you running, make sure you are running the correct plug too

3. #3 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the reply bennell
    The carb I hav`nt touched untill now and that was just to clean and check it, The jets are standed I think only took them out to clean them ( well blow down em )
    The plug is the NGK CR8E which I have read is the right one but don`t no what the gap should be so just put it straight in. I`ve taken the plug out and yes it is running rich the electrode is black,
    Now iv`e located the mixture screw under the carb is it in or out for less fuel its in 11 1/2 turns if that makes a difference?
    Thanks for all the help

4. #4 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    from what i remember pal, when the electrode or any part of the plug is black its casued by a too rich of a mixture and when its white its lean, heres a chart i always refer too when checking my plug but theres millions out there:

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

the carb on the rmr125 is a mikuin pz26 aka vm22, the mixture screw is on the inlet side right next to the manifold and talking to a bike techhi he says that its a fuel screw and if it was on the air filter side it'll be a air screw, knowing that it means that unscrewing the mixture screw (anit-clockwise) makes it rich and turning it clockwise leans the mixture out, when you hit 7000+ does the bike bog out then cut out or does it start to sputter then cut out? best thing to do would be a plug chop, get yourself a new cr8e plug and do one, if your not shure what a plug chop is ill explane, wack the new plug in start the bike up and get out on it, get on a long stretch and go WOT in any get best 3rd, cut the bike out by the switch THEN close the throttle dont do it before, pull over and whip the plug out, check what colour it is then youll know if your running rich or lean, because its at 7000rpm you can rule out the bottom end jetting and possibly the needle due to 7000 being quite high, the SP gap wont make it cut out like that so no worries about that, has the bike always done this since youve had it? if youve got the time ild whip the cylinder off and check the condition of the pistonand rings but with it having little milage theres a change itll be fine, good luck

5. #5 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your reply bennell
    The bike just stops dead like the kill switch has been pressed! Ive rebuilt the bike cleaned everything and yes it started and ran for 10 minutes then stoped
    wouldnt start so I pulled the ht lead off and tryed the spare plug, It had no spark so my next step is a new CDI unit for £30 its worth a try.
    Its had a new coil a week ago and will have a new plug put in.
    I turned the mixture screw in but untill I can get it run I won`t no where the best setting is.
    When I took the plug out that had been cleaned after the 10 minutes it had run it was still sutted up.
    If that doesn`t work does anyone know a good bike garage in the Rotherham area that mite be able to fix it.
    Thanks for the HELPPPPPPPPPPP

6. #6 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i can sell you a cdi unit which works perfectly i just had a spare one from an unregisterd rmr i had a while ago, you can have it for £15 bud, i can get pics or what ever you need, i think it could be due to some kind of overheating because if it was an electrical problem itll happen randomly not just after a certain amount of revs, when you rebuilt it did you rebuild the engine? if so did you use oem rmr parts? if you can, try and get a video of some sort and show it when it cuts out, might be a little difficult due to riding it at the same time haha but could help out a little, ild take the carb off so you can get at the mixture screw properly, clean the jets etc with petrol and try again mate

7. #7 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun69 View Post
    ...for £30 its worth a try...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/110592413864 worth a look -Kokusan that made in their chinese factory/ The newer Suzuki EN125 fits that brand as "stock" . (Suzuki p/n 32900-053K0-000 | http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5699194548) . These Suzi clone Qingqi always fits Sanxin SMBD125JS-2 (http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=24) as "stock" BUT their "REAL" Suzuki line is using "Kokusan"
    -
    Apart from that brand, the used "Denso"(made in Japan) EN125 CDI is also a good deal in flea bay. (Suzuki p/n: 32900-05380-000)

8. #8 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    BLACK SPARK PLUG = Oil fouled spark plug
    DARK BROWN AND WET SPARK PLUG = really rich mixture

You have too much oil in your bike. check that I'm not correct because that WILL bend your piston rings causing you to lose compression. If it is that plus a lean condition, you will have such a yuckie mess! I had to do a complete top-end rebuild to a scooter that had far too much oil put in and had reletively the same issues.

9. #9 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    hi all
    this is my first post on here. just got a 07 rmr125 with problems. i know it needs a coil but on the carb, is the only screw you can see on the outside the idle screw? do i need to take the carb off to get at the mixture screw and if so does anybody know the factory settings for the mixture screw?

10. #10 Re: RMR 125 Running problem 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all,
    I've got a very similar problem on my Quingqi 125. I've changed the plug, CDI unit and now the rectifier, but the engine fires up for a short while then cuts out. It wont start for a few minutes as if the engine's flooded and once it's been left a little while it'll start up fine and run until I'm in 3rd gear before cutting out again. The plug looks fine, but no sign of fuel on it if I try the above running test.
    I've tried adjusting the mixture and that only made the bike not start.
    I've run out of ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast