Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Can anyone help me out , i am trying to find out which bigger carb will work on my pulse adrenaline 125. I am looking for more top end/power. As the air fuel mixture screw has snapped off in my original carb so a new one is needed i thought theres no point buying another standard unit. Any help appriciated

2. #2 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    well, you can go for the molkt 26mm compared to the original mikuni pz26 which is actually a 22mm carb, the molkt with give you better top end due to the bigger size but you will lose some bottom end and itll be a very long day when you come to dialing it in, theres kehinin carbs you can go for but unless you can get a rubber boot to house the slip on carbs your quite limited, the original carb jetted spot on will be the best of both worlds due to the size of the engine, a bigger mm size carb wont give you all that much speed purly due to it only being a 125, i THINK the suzuki gn/gs use a slip on carb so theres a possibility you can use the rubber boot to use a variety of carbs but anyting over 24mm will be a massive pain to get the jetting spot on,

good luck

3. #3 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Will the Molkt bolt straight in? If not think i will take your advice and buy another standard item. Thanks for your reply!

4. #4 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    yes pal the molkt will bolt stright on but itll be hard to get it jetted correctly, the standard carbs are only £15-£20 so cheap to pick up if the molkt doesnt work out

the molkt is this one :

http://www.pitbikeparts.co.uk/molkt-...140-p-703.html

the original is this one:

http://www.pitbikeparts.co.uk/mikuni...tar-p-562.html

5. #5 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Cheers matey

6. #6 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    hello i have this bike aswell i want to try a sports airflter but i dnt no what mm the carb is can you help me ? and did u make yours more powerful ?? mine does top end of about 65 and had it faster but that was downhill

7. #7 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    I got a pulse adrenaline 125 and i just wanted to no if you can put a rmr 200 carb on it and if so would it bolt straight in there thanks

8. #8 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    would this one fit ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608538551...84.m1423.l2649 i just took the airbox lid off mine and it rides much better so was going to buy a sports filter and this one comes with one and hopfully the bigger carb would give the extra power for the other mods i have done . i was also thinking about buying a spare airbox so i could cut ti up to fit the sports filter inside so it doesnt get wet and would also put holes in the box for extra cold air . cheers jake

9. #9 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerowles View Post
    would this one fit ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608538551...84.m1423.l2649 i just took the airbox lid off mine and it rides much better so was going to buy a sports filter and this one comes with one and hopfully the bigger carb would give the extra power for the other mods i have done . i was also thinking about buying a spare airbox so i could cut ti up to fit the sports filter inside so it doesnt get wet and would also put holes in the box for extra cold air . cheers jake
    You could find out if it fits by measuring the distance between the mounting holes on your carb then you could find out the distance between the holes on the 28mm carb by asking the seller, I did try to find that info through google but I couldn't find it. The 28mm carb might be difficult to get the jetting right as it is a much bigger carb and you will have to bore out the rubber boot that it mounts on to 28mm for it to make any difference. With my cone filter I cut a large coke bottle in half and put it around the filter to stop the rain getting to it which has proved to be very effective.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

10. #10 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    You could find out if it fits by measuring the distance between the mounting holes on your carb then you could find out the distance between the holes on the 28mm carb by asking the seller, I did try to find that info through google but I couldn't find it. The 28mm carb might be difficult to get the jetting right as it is a much bigger carb and you will have to bore out the rubber boot that it mounts on to 28mm for it to make any difference. With my cone filter I cut a large coke bottle in half and put it around the filter to stop the rain getting to it which has proved to be very effective.
    well i just asked the seller if it would fit , told him what carb i have , and the reason i want it and he said "
    Hello,
    Thanks for your email.

Yes this should fit if yours is currently a Mikuni, as these are very similar, just bigger.
    Mikuni / Molkt are similar brands of high performance carburettors used on sports bikes.
    I hope this helps.
    best regards

Mike / Sales"
    thy have a 14 day return period , and imo £33 for a brand new upgrade carb is cheap , the filter alone would be costing me £5 so its a good package . im just going to ask to see if you get a manual with it to make tuning it easyer and maybe then purchase it . as for using a coke bottle as a rain shelter , i think the airbox on my adrenaline holds the battery on aswell so couldnt really get rid of it , not too sure tho as i have never really checked , ctuall ill go check now . thanks jake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast