Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Oh yeah I forgot about the battery, I just held mine in place with some zip ties and it sort of works. If the mounting holes on the new carb don't line up you can either drill new ones or widen them a bit with a small file. As for tuning I found a good guide for mikuni carbs but it should apply to the molkt carb aswell. http://walbro.com/brochurefiles/3368...g%20Manual.pdf

If you get it working right I'd love to know the results.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #12 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot about the battery, I just held mine in place with some zip ties and it sort of works. If the mounting holes on the new carb don't line up you can either drill new ones or widen them a bit with a small file. As for tuning I found a good guide for mikuni carbs but it should apply to the molkt carb aswell. http://walbro.com/brochurefiles/3368...g%20Manual.pdf

If you get it working right I'd love to know the results.
    i checked and the batterys on its own mounting bracket so i can get rid of the airbox if needed but i would moust probarbly make a metal chamber around the filter to keep it dry , anyway the seller sent me a link to this one which is the same as the other but without the filter and it gives dimentions on the listing so i will go measure mine up later to see if its a straight swap , if it will be a lot of messing around to make it go on i wont buy it as it wont really be worth all the work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608535987...=p5197.c0.m619

3. #13 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi i know this is a old thread but i have one of these carbs molkt 28mm on my bike it bolts straight on the only thing i had to do is drill the top part of the carb the bit the cable go's in to bigger to 7mm so the metal end with the adjuster on it fits . hope this helps

4. #14 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Polimoon View Post
    hi i know this is a old thread but i have one of these carbs molkt 28mm on my bike it bolts straight on the only thing i had to do is drill the top part of the carb the bit the cable go's in to bigger to 7mm so the metal end with the adjuster on it fits . hope this helps
    That's exactly what I had to do :)
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #15 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    bin reading the threads for some ideas to do to my bike . hopefully will be doing a 150 conversion soon . i see you say you have a 150 kit fitted just wondered if you could give me some tips on doing the conversion .

6. #16 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Polimoon View Post
    bin reading the threads for some ideas to do to my bike . hopefully will be doing a 150 conversion soon . i see you say you have a 150 kit fitted just wondered if you could give me some tips on doing the conversion .
    Well first of all it's a good idea to order an extra set of gaskets and piston rings since they aren't sold anywhere else and if you do blow a gasket you would have to wait weeks for them to arrive from china, they can be found here and here.

Fitting it is fairly easy; I was able to fit it with almost no prior mechanical knowlage, it would help to buy the haynes manual for chinese 125cc motorcycles as it gives you a step by step guide on how to fit it. The only problem I ran in to was getting the cylinder head nuts off; due the fact that the nuts are pretty poor quality and I was using a crap socket set I stripped one of the nuts and had to hit it with a chizel for 3 hours until it came off. When fitting it make sure that you do everything correctly before moving on to the next step to save your self a load of hassle. Also be sure to run it in correctly.

After fitting my kit I didn't get much of a top speed gain until I fitted a 17 tooth front sprocket and I got a nice little gain after fitting a 28mm carb; I am using a 115 main jet and a 40 pilot jet by the way.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you aren't sure of something, I am usually able to answer pretty quickly.

7. #17 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ok thank you very much . looking for a Haynes manual on Ebay now but good to know its not to hard to do not relay looking to get top end just want lower end grunt . my bike is 4 years old now and still going strong only done 11000 k on the clock as use it for work every day witch is 10k and stored in my house over night so very little rust witch is good as i no they suffer from the old metal moth thanks for your help again its much appreciated

8. #18 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi am new to this forum but i was wondering if anyone can help just bought meself a sinnis apache 125 av got a rave exhaust k&n filter and done all the lights and front n back continentals ( trust me there not cheap lol) etc my next job is to re jet the carb does anyone know were to get the jets from as far as i am aware its the standard carb so a think a re jet is in order so if n e 1 knows were a can get the jets and how big would be a massive help could you email me the info as i am not on ere much and emails go straight to my fone cheers guys

aden.rooney89@hotmail.com

:D

9. #19 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Noob
    orite fellas is there any chance you could all message me as much as you all now about the stuff you can do to make pules adrenaline go faster look better more power an all that sort thanks lads appreciate it an does anyone now how many baffles r best recomanded to be taken out of exausht

10. #20 Re: Upgrade carb for pulse adrenaline 125 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyddy54 View Post
    orite fellas is there any chance you could all message me as much as you all now about the stuff you can do to make pules adrenaline go faster look better more power an all that sort thanks lads appreciate it an does anyone now how many baffles r best recomanded to be taken out of exausht
    Remove air filter box, replace with 38mm cone filter
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Moto-...item2581f8f02a

Replace main jet in carb with a size 105
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATV-QUAD-B...item5d3afeb0e2

Aftermarket exhausts at a good price are hard to come by so you have to get creative with that one; modify your existing exhaust or have one from another bike welded on.

My mods thread:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...le-mods-so-far

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast