Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Insurance for Motorcycle 
    I'm looking at insurance rates for a 125cc in Shanghai (not sure if the cc influences the prices in China anyway...), and the maximum amount they cover for third party, and for myself, and I'm quite surprised...

I have a quotation for RMB 900/year with those details (beware Chinglish inside) :

1. Up to RMB 320,000 compensation for third party material and physical damage

2. Up to RMB100,000 compensation for yourself physical damage(deathdeformity- 7 level)

3. Up to RMB 10000 for yourself fee-for-service by accident (which means hospital fees)

4. Burn compensation: RMBXXX= motorcycle original price – depreciation 8%-12% year

5. None compensation if be stolen by thief.

and another one for RMB 1,100/year with higher max :
    Up to RMB 200,000.00 (physical, deformity) and RMB 20,000.00 fee-for-service by accident, therefore, insurance rate should be RMB 1100.00 for one year insurance.
    Still no compensation if stolen.

I find those "compensations" extremely low, but I guess I cannot expect better, what's your experience on this ?
    Last edited by Fred; 10-12-2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Text in blue does not appear ;-)

2. #2 Re: Insurance for Motorcycle 
    C-Moto Guru
    Its low for all of us...my expierences here:

See 5. in http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...Kunming-Yunnan)

Even you want more, they dont sell it to you

3. #3 Re: Insurance for Motorcycle 
    Ok, thanks Andre.
    For information, they really don't want to cover the theft of the bikes, at least in Shanghai. They all repeat the same thing : "too many bikes get stolen in Shanghai, we don't cover this risk", even when I tell them what kind of locks I will use and where I will park it (underground parking lot of my compound with CCTV)...