Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 SUNL125 XT vs. Harley Davidson Iron head 
    Master of Thump
    Was pondering which would make a cross-country trip easier and more comfortable , but I am stuck with the possible dillema that both would kinda suck big time ? Both are extremely reliable motorcycles , and both have about as much class I suppose depending on your opinion of motorcycles I suppose too ? I think the Harley will hold more fuel with my new Fat Bob tank , but the SUNL 125 XT does get good gas mileage ? I know I could pick up more babes with the SUNL 125 XT , but my Fiance' would probably frown on that idea ? :biggrin:
    My sleeping bag is bigger than the whole SUNL 125 XT too , a major distraction for cross-country trekking I guess ? I could always jsut wear the sleeping bag , cut holes in the top for my arms to stick out of and leg holes I guess too ? Maybe the Harley would be better for the trip , at least I could get parts if it broke :thumbup: Although if I was in Texas I could stop in at ATV Discounters and steal them off the showroom bikes while nobody was looking ? Hmmm, what a dilemma ?

Hers some pics, you decide which one you'd take on the trek .

The SUNL 125 XT , without Maglight attached to handlebars with Ductape for road trips .

Or the Iron Head Harley Davidson 1100cc . These pics are prior to my rebuild and custom mods , plain jane here .

Now, which one should I take on the trip ? I could always strap the SUNL 125 XT on my back on the Harley and call myself an Enduro :thumbup:

Ok, is this a non-sense and innapprpriate but unoffensive enough threade to post here :thumbup:

Cheers, Snortin Norton out !

PS, the track work is going great at our place , anyone that ever comes our way is welcome to ride here and have some good food too !
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-25-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: This Jerk can't spell and I am an ass-hole