Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: qlink ef 200 blowin smoke/tickin cylinder 
    Yikes! How'd this turn out?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Re: qlink xf 200 blowin smoke/tickin cylinder 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by docX_01 View Post
    [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 2418[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

some more pics... your thoughts are valued thx
    I had a similar Issue after dismantling my bike , and fitting -wrongly- its Piston 180º degrees turned, Please LOOK at that Piston : Intake valve is Bigger, therefore it has a Bigger POCKET!!.
    In contrast : Yours has the Bigger Pocket pointing to the the exhaust!!. What puzzles me : IS that arrow wrong??(allways follows flow=Exhaust, apparently its ok.. . BUT.. .)
    A worn piston seals oil properly ONLY with its Matching Own worn cylinder, and ONLY in its correct position.
    - My Guess : STUCK Rings will make your piston Louder!!, Check carefully that : Piston rings move freely along their groove, check that they cant stick/SEIZED at some point because of carbon build up or Heat seized. If SO :
    0/drown the piston into Nitro painting solvent a whole day.
    1/Remove the rings.
    2/Remove the Carbon with a broken piece of ring.
    3/Use a folded 150 or + Sand paper to soften the grooves bottom from scratches.
    - USE allways a quality Sintetic oil, cheap mineral oils Burn Building Up Hills of Carbon!!.

It sounds weird to me that you are removing the crank, as its bulletproof!!, you can only break it after running dry/OIL-LESS. and you´ll seize your piston first.(maybe your has : cant see its front/exhaust skirt in your pics.. .)
    I´ll check its Bigend/Smallend gap/play first!, needless to say you need to remove its pistonPIN to do that.
    check the wear of your PistoPin, I´ve often seen a loosen Rod/off-limits that had that gap because of a Worn Pin !!!
    Check your oil PUMP/Filter before starting the bike : it may be clogged by debris, make sure it sends oil to the head, CAM is very noisy unless under pressure.
    Last edited by chete44; 11-29-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: accuracy

3. #13 Re: qlink xf 200 blowin smoke/tickin cylinder 
    yeah the picture i took were from the first shop that basically dismantled my bike and were about to replace and resurface things that didn't need it after 1 month of nothing happening JP motor sports of Chula vista, California, got the bike in 3 boxes
    about 3 weeks ago after they ordered basically gaskets and a cam chain tensioner arm, and had on hand a valve sleeve, oil and reassembly along with the larger sprockets grand total $954.00 considering i bought it with 74 miles on it at $1800.00 added that fmf pipe and k&n air filter and misc oil filters and breather filters im at 3000 thats the price out the door for a brand new xf 200 without the mods so im ok for now..... ill post pics in a couple of days thanks for all the help!!!

2 months no ridding then tonight the opportunity to get my bike ride it 50 miles in the cold, dark, wind. screaming and hooting the whole way back commitment to ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12