Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: GZ150 Headlamp

1. #1 GZ150 Headlamp 
    C-Moto Guru
    Was parking my bike at the Lianhua Lu subway station yesterday when I saw this very brand new GZ150 with A plates. It had at least 3 different locks on it, one on each wheel and a very heavy chain. :). While looking it over, I saw that the owner had modified his headlamp with what appears to be an HID with a lens that fit nicely into the stock headlamp casing. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I have an HID installed in my Honda Rebel, and while brighter than the stock bulbs it still isn't really enough for night time driving.

2. #2 Re: GZ150 Headlamp 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    ...I have an HID installed in my Honda Rebel, and while brighter than the ...
    HiD w/o lens is irresponsible : More glare to other driver BUT not enough light to the road ahead.
    Just go the area you bought the HID, there must one suits ur case in those shops. Show the GZ150 picture like some "fool" or write down the chiinese term "透镜" / "Taobao" also had tons of that.
    In chinese m/c forum, somebody said the "factory HiD" from used cars is "supreme" quality & cheap.

Lens w/ 1 yr warranty http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2139976127 FAQ: http://sllc.taobao.com/view_page-9029841.htm
    Last edited by humanbeing; 10-18-2010 at 10:26 AM.

3. #3 Re: GZ150 Headlamp 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have a couple of lens versions of HID lights from my scooters but they were never as good as just having the HID bulb in the stock housing. I think it might have had something to do with not being able to put the higher wattage HID into the plastic lens housing because of the heat generated. I have never seen one fit into a stock housing for a motorbike before, and I'm wondering how this one works. I'm gonna try the guys on Jaoji Lu this weekend.

4. #4 Re: GZ150 Headlamp 
    There's tons 35W m/c Hid light assembly "kit"
    5 inch for curiser http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1895206455
    7 inch for those Suzuki

5. #5 Re: GZ150 Headlamp 
    C-Moto Guru
    K highly tempted now, however was talking to a couple of people at Jaoji Lu today and they said the light was expensive and didn't work very well. Might just break down and try it out though. Thanks for the links :).