Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Niels Thomsen's Avatar
    Hi all
    Just saw Asiawing got a new homepage with 500 cc Spark which we have seen before.
    http://www.asiawing.com/english/index.asp
    And a brand new Fox 500 cc. They claim they got 40.8 = 54 HP. I doubt it. But about 40 HP would not be impossible.

2. #2 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    Nice find, thanks for the update!

I know this is subjective and the picture is appalling, but is that Fox500 the ugliest bike you've seen or what?!

Wish they had more pics up of the Spark. Looks like they may have changed the front lights, which is a good thing as the old one was also a monstrosity (subjective again, sorry):

3. #3 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    They sell that Spark for what it china? $3,750.00?

If it was bullet proof which you can be sure it is not, it would be a bargain. But these are basically hand made and that means wide variations in quality.

They could use one frame and one engine, then release different styles of that and that is kind of what they are doing but they have to have a high degree of standard interchangeable parts.

If they did that they may be able to get the unit cost down to a level that would allow them to sell them well below the market prices.

They get side tracked with creativity and that wastes time and money and that capital will not likely ever get recovered. I think that looking at Honda and Suzuki’s foreign investments set a direction they should follow… all of them. You build to the demand of the masses and that gets market share and then gets capital to grow and develop new models.

One universal frame and engine and a multiplicity of styles based off it. It is what they are attempting to do just not very well.

Look these are the same motorcycles. Transformers? That low cost and offer a wider customer base.

4. #4 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    I am fairly sure that the Spark is a copy of the Cagiva River....

5. #5 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    http://www.peoplesmotor.com/

Dazon claims to have a GN350 engine they are offering on three different models.

• Engine Type: 343.2cc,four stroke,SOHC,single cylinder 4-valve,Air/oil-cooled
    • Bore×Stroke: 84.5mm×61.2mm
    • Carburetor: 34mm
    • Starter: Electric
    • Transmission: 5-speed drive

But I think the the actual 350 that was on the DR350 had a six speed?

6. #6 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    This is interesting…say you are in Ireland and want a Qingqi bike.

Then check this out….

http://www.bikeworld.ie/

Click on NEW BIKES and then look at the brand names….

You can find that for about any location in the UK and you will find the Sinnis brand sitting with equal billing to the major brands. They are not doing that with large displacement bikes they are doing it with 125cc bikes. They are though about to offer a 250cc version and then what? They just have to stay the course and move up in lines into a generational market as they mature they may buy up and if they liked what they started on they stay with that brand.

They could do that in the USA and likely will eventually, they can and could do that with a 250cc line of bikes and also with a line of scooters. They simply have to keep the prices low to be the value leader. They could also get access to that 350cc engine and it would be a very logical second level to take a 250cc line of bikes.

The USA is so big though its territory is huge the UK is all easy to access from or out of one hub, the USA has actually distinct regions that have to be centrally distributed out of….

I have to wonder if merging all the giants was wise….they should be buying up all the little manufactures. They may have to buy Qlink to get control of the USA market. They probably should do that and now since they are cashed strapped and not doing so may damage the footing they established in the market.

They may also consider buying up Dazon that being Peoples Motors. That is something to consider as they have already developed the GN350 and it could be then refined and introduced eventually to the Qingqi line.

I am still waiting on my BIG BOY! I may wait for a 350cc version with over 30hp?

7. #7 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    You know Suzuki does not sell scooters, they sell only the Burgman and it’s a large displacement scooter.
    So logic would say that it would be ideal to set a line of Qingqi scooters in all the USA Suzuki dealers.

Then once the quality and support and distribution is set in place they then can be offered the 250cc line of bikes, a dual sport, a super motard and street bike and of course a tracker. Those would all and should share many parts and they would need to be priced under $3,000.00, that could be achieved if the other international markets get those models as well….that is the economy of scale. Then the 350cc could come along and be priced higher, by then the name would be established and the market share established. That being they can seize a majority share of under 250cc sales….then the 350 is entering the untapped market it offers full utilization it offers just enough power and still stays low in price. It’s the price that is the advantage eventually that is gone and it nearly is already.

They can only keep prices down if they stay the course on standard and consistent model, to much can be wasted on indulging the individuals dreams and fantasies. Supporting discontinued models and research and development cost money, the basics are not changing. Its a motorcycle its fun to ride and offers low cost transportation, it can be expressive and that can be or is often carried away to ridiculous levels. Others can or should have that market the basics can have style and affordability. It also attracts people that thought that owning something was to costly….if it is stylish and makes a statement its cool and if it very affordable it is then doubly cool.

That is why the Sinnis Tracker sold out and they had to order more.

8. #8 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    The Toyota Corolla car of the '80's was the perfect example of this. At long last they listened, took advice, followed experience and created a small, pretty bulletproof car which although it failed in a few markets, opened the world up to buying japanese cars, the fact they could be cheap, reliable and economical. Same with bikes. I wish the chinese would learn the lessons that the weaknesses of free-market competition make so damned obvious. They could rule the world a lot faster that way with a lot less trouble. Use the enemies' weapons but only the best of them, learn from mistakes of others, focus and concentrate your endeavours, apply good logistics, etc etc. Anyone would think that Sun Tzu had been taken off the bookshelves the way they go about things in the motorcycle trade.

9. #9 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    Toyota also has a five year cycle, so each new model allocates to research development of its replacement. If it does not sell then the line or model is dropped.

Motorcycle manufacturers use that as well, but getting a footing is tough. KIA and Hyundai have taken off in the USA.

For the Chinese it is just the line that meets what is high in the developing nation and low in the developed nation that will allow them to attain and that is the 250cc and eventually the 350cc singles that are already proven. They can enter with smaller models the UK models would sell in many developing nations that being the 125cc bikes but in the states it would be the 250cc bikes and eventually a 350cc version. I would think that they should be able to utilizes the same frames and many of the components.

Beta has that engine in production the 350 Suzuki, that engine is the next level for them, but they really have to keep the prices down to get the market. That is all about standardization and seem to me that engine would fit they need to make the frames and parts universal to the highest degree.

10. #10 Re: Asia Wing, New 500 cc models 
    These bikes have a cool factor....I like my bike but it does not have that factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast