Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Eh, no, the guinnes world record was about "The longest continuous journey by motorcycle within a single country is 16,240 km (10,091.05 miles) by Ryan and Colin Pyle (both Canada), who toured China between 16 August and 17 October 2010."

Before that there was a similar world record too, the lenght of the trip inside the country was just shorter.

Edit: Or who knows if there was such Guinness world record. Maybe the trip was first to be acknowledged. However there has been similar things done whether they has been taken as world record or not.
    WTF are you talking about? Sheesh, man, I can read.

But perhaps you missed the point that I was making that "records are made to be broken, regardless of what the record is." Records inherently create a challenge to others.

Man, how absurd.

2. #32 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Sheesh, man, I can read.

But perhaps you missed the point that I was making that "records are made to be broken, regardless of what the record is." Records inherently create a challenge to others.

Man, how absurd.
    You wrote "What can never be challenged, however, is the fact that they actually did it ... and they were the first! Can't beat that!"

So perhaps you should begin to learn to write better what you meant so I don't have to guess what you meant and after that take some kind of angry kid agro and yelling when I guessed wrong.

And one more angry kid posting from you and you are in my ignore list for 6 months.

3. #33 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    And one more angry kid posting from you and you are in my ignore list for 6 months.

My point was/is - congratulations to Ryan & Colin ... you blazed the trail so others may follow.

4. #34 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Good onya - both. Testosterone or period? Same result.
    Mikko, silly to ignore. Relax.
    Loa Jia Hou, Mikko is pedantic, it is his nature.
    Both of you are cool, so let it go please.

Yeah I know, who am I to talk, getting a bit of that lately. Time for a whisky. Cheers!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

5. #35 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    I am cool And sorry everyone if I offended someone. It happens. I don't mean it. Maybe

6. #36 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Hello everyone,

Just to comment on a few of the notes above. Yes, Colin and I do hope that people challenge the record. We missed a lot of spots along our journey which easily could have extended the kilometer total above 19,000km; there is much room for improvement. With that being said, we are very proud of what we have accomplished and we want to thank the MCM community for being continual supporters. We'll be sure to keep everyone updated with more news and details about our journey.

Also, I do think the journey can easily been done on a Chinese motorcycle, and the JH600 is most likely the best bike for the job from what I have read from everyone's posts on MCM.

Lastly, and most importantly, as the weather starts to finally warm, ride safe everyone.

Ryan Pyle
    www.mkride.com
    ryan@mkride.com
    Ryan Pyle
    Photographer / Film Maker / Adventurer / Motorcycle Rider
    www.ryanpyle.com
    NEW PROJECT: www.mkride.com
    ryan@ryanpyle.com

7. #37 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Yeah, ride safe you too.

8. #38 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    Hello MKRIDE friends,

I just wanted to let everyone out there know that I will be speaking for the first time, publicly, about The MKRIDE. The event is scheduled for Friday April 15th 2011, at the Innis Town Hall, #2 Sussex Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The event is being hosted by the University of Toronto, the Asian Institute and the Toronto Reel Asian Film Festival. My talk will begin at 630pm and continue until 830pm. A one hour reception will be held afterwards. Please see below for exact details.

To refresh everyone's memory, the MKRIDE was a 65 day - 18,000km - motorcycle journey around China completed by my brother Colin and I in late 2010. Our journey is in the process of being converted in to a television series and a book.

I am looking forward to the chance to speak about our experiences throughout our trip as the weather, bureaucratic interference and sheer magnitude of the journey took it's toll.

Sadly, Colin won't be able to attend the event has he is currently studying in Europe. I will focus the talk around our preparation for the journey and some of the most testing aspects of executing an expedition like this in China.

There is an event flier attached to this email, and the link for the event is below. We hope you, and a few of your friends, can make it.

Please check out our NEW Facebook PAGE for further events and details about our project.

Please RSVP using this Event Link: http://webapp.mcis.utoronto.ca/Event...x?eventid=10002
    __________________________________________________ ______________

DESCRIPTION - THE MIDDLE KINGDOM RIDE WITH RYAN PYLE
    Friday April 15th 2011

6:30-8:30 Opening remarks by Senator Vivienne Poy (Chancellor Emerita, University of Toronto); Lecture by Ryan Pyle (Award winning photographer) and Q&A

8:30-9:30 Informal reception

Ryan Pyle is an award winning documentary photographer who has spent the last ten years of his life visually documenting life in China for the world's leading magazines and newspapers. While living in Shanghai, and documenting China has proved an amazing experience for Ryan, there was always a need for a bigger adventure. So when Ryan's brother, Colin, recently quit his "Bay Street" job, and sold his house, the two brothers decided that something truly epic needed to be attempted. Together these brothers from Toronto decided that they were going to circumnavigate China on their BMW F800GS motorcycles. And that's exactly what they set out to do.

On October 17th 2010, Colin and Ryan safely returned to Shanghai, on what was the first complete circumnavigation of China by motorcycle ever completed. The journey took the brothers 18,000km in just 65 days and exposed them to: dangerous flooding along the border of China and North Korea, military interference along the border of China and Mongolia, and sub-freezing temperatures and a hail storm at 5200m above sea level on the border of China and Pakistan. Not to mention the altitude sickness and mechanical failure that added to their adventure on the high plateau in rural Tibet. This was a journey and an adventure without precedent. During their entire odyssey around China, Colin and Ryan filmed daily using motorcycle mounted cameras, helmet mounted cameras and an HD Camera operated by a camera man who followed them; so that they could capture their once-in-a-lifetime experience on film. Colin and Ryan have named their project: "The Middle Kingdom Ride" and are currently in the process of publishing a book about their adventures as well as a documentary film. For more information you can visit:www.mkride.com.

We, at the Asian Institute, are pleased to announce that on April 15th Ryan Pyle, a University of Toronto graduate and AI Affiliate Member, will join us to discuss his photography career, his motorcycle expedition, and the challenges of film making in "The Middle Kingdom". Samples of his photography and video clips from his motorcycle film will be included in his lecture. Ryan rarely makes it back to Toronto and we are excited about this opportunity to share his work and experiences with a wider audience.

Ryan Pyle
    www.mkride.com
    info@mkride.com
    Ryan Pyle
    www.ryanpyle.com
    ryan@ryanpyle.com

9. #39 MKRIDE: Guinness World Record is OUT. 
    Hello,

I'm writing because I thought many of you might be interested in knowing the that Guinness World Book of Records for 2012 is currently available in book stores globally.

Colin Pyle and Ryan Pyle would like to direct your attention to Page 121 of the 2012 edition, so that you can view our record for the Longest Continuous Motorcycle Journey within a Single Country.

Colin and Ryan are very proud that their journey has been recognized as a Guinness World Record, but that's not the reason why we wanted to ride motorcycles around China. We planned and executed our journey not only to enjoy riding motorcycles together in the most remote corners of the China, but also because we wanted to have a deeper understanding of the diverse landscapes, cultures and minorities that exist in China.

By focusing only on one country, and not traveling through dozens, we were able to really dial in and understand what is going on in China, and how it's rapid transformation is affecting the lives of people throughout their country. We hope our journey, and the reasons behind our journey, will raise interest among not only adventure motorcycle riders but also travellers and anyone who might be interested in learning more about what China has to offer.

We have a book and television show that are coming out in 2012. Both are currently being produced at the moment. For updates on our broadcast and publications you can stay in touch via our FACEBOOK page for regular updates. We thank you very much for your time and we look forward to staying in touch.

Our Guinness World Record LINK.

The MKRIDE Team
    www.mkride.com
    info@mkride.com
    www.facebook.com/mkride
    Ryan Pyle
    www.ryanpyle.com
    ryan@ryanpyle.com

10. #40 Re: POST RIDE Information: The Middle Kingdom Ride 
    MKR: RadX Interview with Colin Pyle on MKRIDE.

Colin Pyle is interviewed by RadX Television (Canada) about his 65 day - 18,000km - motorcycle journey around China with his brother Ryan Pyle. Together they became the first people to circumnavigate China by motorcycle and they also set a Guinness World Record for their achievements.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amhiz...ature=youtu.be
    Ryan Pyle
    www.ryanpyle.com
    ryan@ryanpyle.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast