Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: New entry in Dongguan 
    Bloody hell! You guys are nuts. That is some track (next to last pic). I thought my short weekend adrenaline runs through the local bush here were brave enough - but that is incredible stuff to go over, well done! I wouldn't have dreamt of attempting that streambed except on a trials bike and thirty years ago. The first pic of the set is fun too, the old leg kicking back as you throttle away and just about stay in control and on the seat after a dab ... and as for the wheel in the gully I don't think many could have avoided that, you would have needed to go back-wheel up in the air over the pit into an uphill slope, very mean!

2. #12 Re: New entry in Dongguan 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Bloody hell! You guys are nuts.
    and as for the wheel in the gully I don't think many could have avoided that, you would have needed to go back-wheel up in the air over the pit into an uphill slope, very mean!
    Tks for the nuts, really appreciate it. Nothing special tough. We're running short of trails for coming weeks. We explored most part of the surroundings and it seems not much left. There are couple of nice rings and climbs anyway. More fun to ride them upward than the opposite.
    The wheel in the gully, well..... I was just making sure the wheel was larger than the pit. There was a straight up hillside trail starting 30cm after the pit (tailside from the picture). Turned the bike 180 deg in the right direction I tried to go over it, but I couldn't get the rear wheel getting out the hole as my front one was already uphill and the fork compressed against the first stone. We tried to move a stone and dump it in the slot, but the only suitable one at hand was too heavy.
    The pit is all along the side of the road. A quick shot of throttle wheeling up the front wheel, along with a bit of speed, would be enough to go over the pit. Just, there are stones on the trail and if you get stuck on one of them and you need to put your foot down, you'd be right in the hole with it, falling down on angular concrete.
    Having fun is ok, risking to get hurt on a predictable scenario would be just stupid.
    Anyway, that trail seems short but tooooooo tempting to forget about it. Gotta find a board for next sunday.......

3. #13 Re: New entry in Dongguan 
    looks like a lot of fun! can i move in next to you guys too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12