Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Sunteck LRX 250

1. #1 Sunteck LRX 250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just bought a Sunteck 250 chinese trail bike - seems to be same as a Loncin PY250.

Anybody else got one of these or know anything about them?

Any info greatly appreciated.

2. #2 Re: Sunteck LRX 250 
    Welcome Karl. You may be the pioneer on this bike! Any pics?

Where in Melbourne did you get it please? I think you will find it is just a generic 'chinabike' and that models, parts and looks may change slightly but will still be quite basic. You will find improvements and replacements with some searches on here and discussions as you go I am sure. Just check all the nuts and bolts, spokes etc for tightness for safety's sake and you should be right. Use loctite meanwhile and get better quality bolts for when you feel like doing a major servicing it (they are handy in a tools and spares kit anyway) but get some km in first and enjoy it while you find out what your needs are and if you want to bling it up or just get performance up a bit.

I have a kinlon rt200 which I wanted to hate because bits fell off here and there - but then grew to admire as honest value for money. Yours should give you reasonable freeway speeds with the extra 30cc! I am in central Vic, we have members on this forum from Melb. and other places on Oz.

3. #3 Re: Sunteck LRX 250 
    The bike: http://www.vmi.com.au/index.php?opti...ask=view&id=44
    the spec seeems one of those 167FMM that chinese called as "CG250" (Honda CG125 OHV "steroid" to max size )
    BTW I'm curiosity who made the bike / What's the WMI of ViN

4. #4 Re: Sunteck LRX 250 
    I see from that link it is 'offroad' only.

5. #5 Re: Sunteck LRX 250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I got the bike from VMI or Motorcycle City I think they're called in Eliz St Melbourne.
    The VIN is L6XGANIA87......., does this mean anything to you? Actually the guy in the shop referred to the bike as a PY250 - I have also seen reference to a Loncin LX 250 which seems to be the same bike as mine. I note that my engine number starts with 167FMM......

6. #6 Re: Sunteck LRX 250 
    Quote Originally Posted by karln63 View Post
    ...L6XGANIA87......., does this mean anything to you? Actually the guy in the shop referred to the bike as a PY250 - I have also seen reference to a Loncin LX 250 which seems to be the same bike as mine. I note that my engine number starts with 167FMM......
    http://www.catarc.org.cn/vin/WMIVIN.htm
    L6X = Dong Ben http://www.cqdongben.com/chinese/ProductShow.asp?ID=135 DB250PY / According to chinese national standard "GB/T 5375-2006" (Code of designation for motorcycles and mopeds). PY= Dirt Bike -At least this model exported to South Africa & branded as "Eagle". (Founded via google) | In mvgg.com that company's bike engine claimed made "in-house" | Engine is most reliable part in these non "name-brand" (This comany focus on doemstic 3-wheeler rural market & export market. Invested big $$$ in Vietnam. They're in VN's stock exchange. / Doemstic VN needs -- bikes & small trucks are made there ) chnese bike, others depands on luck ....
    Last edited by humanbeing; 10-25-2010 at 12:30 AM.