Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Closet to TW200 is Zongshen ZS200GY/LZX200GY-2. The engine are clone from Yamaha, but the rear wheel's size .... / ZS parts are nightmare to get.
    Galaxy SUV 250: Y9800 + Shipping from factory. Based on a doemstic Honda FTR: http://www.honda.co.jp/news/1986/2860221.html
    humanbeing, how do you find this stuff? Is there anything you don't know?

Ekki, welcome to the jungle, I hope you find motorcycling a healthy obsession.

2. #22 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    thanks again for the welcome everyone! :)

@ humanbeing - got it, no rotary gears!

@ chinabiker - haha would love to dj at the next biker meeting, sounds fun! :D

@ MJH - thanks for the recommendations! i think i got my heart set on the Qingqi now though.. haha

@ felix - thanks for your comment, i think the 250 is what i'll end up getting, i'm not in a hurry to buy the bike now anyway as it's already pretty cold here, so i can wait for the 250!
    do you know if there's anything i should look out for when getting this bike?
    i used to live in shanghai, but since i left i've had no plans to go back.. haha.. although i might go up to see some old friends in the first week of november since i'll be somewhere in zhejiang province..

@ slab - thanks for the welcome, i wanted to say the same thing to humanbeing, he seems to know everything! it's amazing!! :)

3. #23 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Welcome Ekkicore. ChinaV did a write up on the new QM250 coming out. You can find it here:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ighlight=QM250

4. #24 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Yep, you should read that, it's a good place to start! Just a couple of things to remember:
    - ChinaV's bike is a pre-production prototype that was built over a year ago. The engine and other major components should all be the same, but the production version that will be released soon might have some little differences. (like it'll be fuel injected, if you care)
    - ChinaV is a great mechanic and a perfectionist so you don't have to worry about the little technical modifications he goes into in the review. The stock bike would probably be fine for normal mortals like us.
    - All of us who got the chance to try out the Qingqi QM250 were well impressed by it, comparing it to the QM200 or the Galaxy XTR250. Engine is much smoother and has a little more oomph, whole bike is well balanced and lots of fun in corners.
    - When you do take the plunge and buy one, see if the shop are willing to help get it registered with plates and all. That'll save you a lot of headaches!

Have fun in zhejiang, some awesome riding roads not far from quzhou, well worth the detour if you want to learn how to take a corner! This road is particularly brilliant!

5. #25 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Yinxiang has a model listed on its website called a YX-LT200 that looks exactly like a TW200.

The Galaxy is a reverse engineered FTR223

The Skyteam is a reverse engineered Suzuki Van Van
    but it does not have the Suzuki engine it has comes with the same engine as the galaxy a 223cc Honda derived single. Or a 125cc that is likely a Honda as well.

Only the Qingqi has a Suzuki engine and that 125cc is a very good engine. That tracker is likely very reliable.

6. #26 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    thanks David, i gave that a very thorough read! i think i'm pretty stuck on that Qingqi now and wait til it's released!

@ Felix, thanks for clearing that up. after reading that article i was worried that i'd have to go through all the mods and stuff as well..
    i'll definitely try to convince my friend to go out to the road you linked to, thanks for that!

7. #27 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I spent a lot of time to choose a bike, in the end I decided I could never get a reliable bike in China. Everywhere I looked, there was some problem or another. So I just settled for the best value I can find and hoped I can do enough modifications to make it reliable enough.
    But looking at all the new toys, everything seems to be better than my bike. Maybe it's just time to wash the old horse...

Yinxiang has a model listed on its website called a YX-LT200 that looks exactly like a TW200.

The Galaxy is a reverse engineered FTR223

The Skyteam is a reverse engineered Suzuki Van Van
    but it does not have the Suzuki engine it has comes with the same engine as the galaxy a 223cc Honda derived single. Or a 125cc that is likely a Honda as well.

Only the Qingqi has a Suzuki engine and that 125cc is a very good engine. That tracker is likely very reliable.
    Thanks for the info MJH, nice to know there are TW200 look alikes on the Chinese market.
    Yinxiang, never heard of them.. a joint venture with HYOSUNG ..
    Do you have links for Skyteam bike? I can't even find their main website.
    Too bad there's only a 125 version of the Qingqi tracker.

8. #28 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    http://www.skyteam.cn/?gclid=CKSWsaXR76QCFVL75wodSBH71g

I'd liked to see the tracker with a 250cc and also a higher seat height.

9. #29 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks MJH,
    From ChinaV's post, pic of the Yinxiang XY200GY2

Needs a decent rack, and it would make a good touring bike.
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Fixed Photo Link

10. #30 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    I was just in ChongQing at the "Largest Motorcycle Show" in China and you would have thought that a company spending thousands on a booth would at least display their current offerings....nope. It's easy to find info online about these two QingQi's, but they were nowhere to be found at the show

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast