Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Well, that QM 250 is a clear copy of the Yamaha YBR 250 (around RMB 23,000 in Shanghai) as far as I can see.

Oh and welcome Ekkicore. ;-)

2. #32 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    I really enjoyed that…..

I am noticing that Qingqi is utilizing the oil coolers and so is the Yinxiang and that Yinxiang 200cc is a 4 valve engine with 12kw. Yinxiang also has a 233cc four valve engine with 14.8kw….so they seem to be offering marginally more powerful engines. I actually like that manufacturers approach and would not mind seeing them offer that 200cc at a Hyosung dealer I would consider it and really consider it if they put the 233cc 4-valve in it and can keep the price down.

3. #33 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    @ Fred: Thanks for the welcome :) did you mean the QM250 was 25,000rmb, or the Yamaha??

4. #34 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    This thread needs a little clarification, since the Qingqi 250 bikes are all called QM250.

Ekki, the bike you want is the supermoto version, the full name is QM250GY-B(ASD):

The bike that fred is talking about is the Qingqi QM250GY-2D:

These are both almost the same bike, same engine, frame, suspension, wheels, brakes.... There are just a few superficial differences like the tank, seat, headlight...

The 23000RMB price that fred mentioned is for the Yamaha YBR250. We don't know the price for the Qingqi yet, but my guess is around 15000, give or take a couple of thousand.
    Last edited by felix; 11-01-2010 at 02:11 AM.

5. #35 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    There is also a QM version of a street bike that also utilizes that same 250cc engine. That bike could be compared to the YBR250 but it definitely not a copy of it.

6. #36 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    QM also makes a track style bike that offers only a 125cc engine option… however Suzuki did make a 250cc version at one time called a Grass Tracker, TU250 Big Boy.

7. #37 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    This is the Bike that Ekkicore has her heart set on…the 250 motard version.

8. #38 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Standard: 1-N-2-3-4-5
    Rotary : N> 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > N > 1... This DAMN thing is first found in some Taiwanese smuggled bike. Everyone copies this S*** | (OLD cg125 is non-rotary N-1-2-3-4 )
    Can't find this topic in English / NO one dares put this "suicidal" in full size bike expect "chinese" The traslated article
    Hi-speed 5>1 = out of control
    If can ride a push bike + drive a "stick" car/ Learn by a scooter is not necessary.
    from http://articles.superhunky.com/4/80

The Bridgestone Hurricane Scramblers of the late '60s and early '70s had a rotary shift pattern that was bizarre beyond belief! You would shift up through all six gears, then when you hit the shifter one more time it would go back to low gear. Imagine the surprise when the rider was in top gear, all tucked in and howling down a fire road, and snicked the lever one more time, only to be greeted with low gear and 11 million instant rpm!

Which chinese bike still has such a shifter?

9. #39 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    I'm not exactly sure what pattern this bike has. My F650 broke down on the way home last month, and one of the cops let me borrow his bike so I could go fetch some bits to fix it. It was the toughest five kilometer ride of my life. No brakes, all bearings and bushings completely shot, no oil in the forks, etc. I also couldn't figure out the shift pattern, it always seemed to end up back in first. Oh well, made it alive...barely.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #40 Re: New Girl in the Group! 
    That old bomb may have been based on the shift pattern I once knew in UK, one up, four down, no wonder you kept ending up in first! I learned on and grew up with an old bitsa did that, thus I thought all bikes were like that until I found out the hard way ( I ended up very embarrassed, asking someone how to change gears on my new Honda in front of a crowd of bikers outside the Archway pub in London, in 1969 I think). I still automatically do it the wrong way at times and it can be a worry trying to work out what the hell gear I am in especially in busy traffic. Glad to see others have the same problem. ;-P

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast