Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Servicing?

1. #1 Servicing? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I'm 100m into my brand new adrenaline pulse, and looking for a Kent based place to service my bike..

Any ideas guys and girls, thanks alot!

Aaron

2. #2 Re: Servicing? 
    After just a 100 km? Ok, just seen your other post when you say 300km for service. Save your cash mate. Nothing should be required but a check on tightness of bolts/chain/wheels/spokes, tyre pressures and so on. Commonsense stuff. Oil change not required yet but you can if you want, some debate on when is best (do a forum search on here about when and how).

I am a mechanical nightmare myself, break more than I fix but motorbikes are dead easy to keep maintained, parts are usually cheapest on Ebay. Just do some more Googling and read forum posts here, quite a few on your machine, and ask any specific questions and you will be helped I am sure. As Humanbeing said in your other thread, have a go yourself and avoid dealers who all drive flash Mercedes (which shows how dumb they are) paid for by selling cheap chinese parts for inflated prices.

everyone says these bikes are all crap, but they are great fun crap and cheap if you look around on Ebay or get contacts in China to help with bits. In fact they are NOT crap, very good value for money but dealers and mechanics make them far too expensive. So ... buy a second one for spares ... still cheaper than jap bikes or even hustle around scrap yards for a wrecked one for parts. Duct tape works wonders and you can get nice bright fluoro reflective tape too, that blings while it fixes!

Whereabouts in Kent are you? Might be easier to ride up into London if you really want to spend your cash.