Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Taklikaman Rally 
    C-Moto Senior
    I'll never get the name of the rally spelled correctly! Anyway if you have some pull with the organizers to help me get my sidecar bike registered I'd greatly appreciate that. And no I haven't seen the video. I'd like to see what I'm getting into...maybe.
    Thanks.
    regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Morfar View Post
    I am Danish - so some COLD Carlsberg will do it....he,he
    I know a chinese guy who tried to enter last years rally with a sidecar - but he was refused.
    I wil suggest you to discuss with the Huanta people already now - I have some contact there.
    I will make a DVD copy for you of last years race - if you havent seen it...??

Morfar,

Is the DVD up for open distribution? If so, I'd be willing to get a DVD copy, compress it and make it available to all interested parties. Who was the DVD made by?

Also I'll be in Amsterdam from the 12th to 16th of Feb showing my film at Film Festival. If you happen to be in in the area, it would be great to meet up and down a few. Unfortunately, Amsterdam is about as close to your neck of the woods as I'll be able to make it anytime soon.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #63 Taklimakan Rally DVD 
    C-Moto Senior
    Someone dropped off a DVD titled Taklimakan Rally at my shop today. (I was out in Tanggu checking out the pirate bike market). OK, who dunnit? Thanks!
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Jim,

Maybe it was the Rally Gnome?

Does the DVD look like a formal production or is it something you think could be compressed and "shared"?

CC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Does the DVD look like a formal production or is it something you think could be compressed and "shared"?
    Now, CC, you are surely not suggesting something that wouldn't be totally legal in the PRC are you! I'm shocked!

I'm not sure what IS totally legal in the PRC... it's like the fish of the day.

If someone took the time to make a serious video production of the Rally, I'd be more than happy to pay for it but I've never seen or heard of such a video until recently.

Some productions are promotional and meant to be shared/distributed freely. Some productions are copyrighted and not meant for free distribution. It depends on the intent of the original producer which is why I asked.

CC

C-Moto Regular
    Hi there.
    Jim - I passed by yesterday and left a Taklimakan DVD for you - maybe I can ask you to take a copy and I will pick it up again... it's my last one.
    The DVD are made of the organization behind the rally and you can copy as much as you want... Maybe we can arrange to send one to CC....?? - or others...
    I have a lot of pics. from the tour from Bj to Urumhi and from the rally at: www.statravelblogs.com/morfar - text in danish, but pics. are international....
    At www.picasaweb.google.dk/vester.kinamand you can find some pics. from a offroad tour in Gobi/Mongolia 2007 - in fact it was my honeymoon....... together with 6 good friends from Denmark.
    Torben Vester - "Morfar"
    KTM 530 EXC-R -08
    KTM 625 SXC - 04
    Honda Transalp XL600V
    Suzuki RMX 250

8. #68 Taklimakan Rally 
    C-Moto Senior
    AHA Morfar! It was you. I'd like to meet you sometime. I'll try and make copies but I'm not sure where or who does that.
    Thanks.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

C-Moto Regular
    No panic Jim - have a look at the DVD, but dont be scared......!! The rally is not as tuff as it looks (but dont tell anybody - I'm still a hero...:-))
    I also have a set of 4 DVD's from 2007 if you vant to have a look....??
    I saw the weather forecast for next week - spring is comming and maybe I will find a two wheeler and come and knock your door one day.
    Torben Vester - "Morfar"
    KTM 530 EXC-R -08
    KTM 625 SXC - 04
    Honda Transalp XL600V
    Suzuki RMX 250

10. #70 Taklimakan Rally 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah, looks like it might stay above 10 C all week. Our road will be closed Sunday morning for a dragon dance or something but I'll be around the rest of the week.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.bmwsidecar.com

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast