Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm also on board for the trip. I'd rather be in a photographic role than a riding role. I think as a photographer I will need an ATV or a Chinese Jeep. Ideally a CHinese Jeep with a roof platform would be best.

2. #32 rally 
    C-Moto Senior
    I think I'd like to participate as well on a CJ though.
    Regds,
    Jim

C-Moto Regular
    The Transorientale guys and girl looked amazing fresh after 14 days of racing.
    There was a girl who did the hole race on motorcycle - well done!!!
    In the Moto class the Norwegian guy Pal Anders Ullevalsatter came in as number 2 - he have done the Dakar 7 times. The winner was Katrinak from Slovenia. Most of the factory riders was in South America at that time - for racing a World Champignon ship stage.

A guy tried to participate in Taklimakan rally this year with a sidecar - but the organizer refused him - maybe you should already now push them to maka a sidecar class for next year. I have the sidecar guys phone number.

Private persons are not allowed to enter the stages for taking pictures - only members of the media group - but just apply as a media person.

It is not allowed to import motorcycles to China - but where there is a will, these is a way....:-)

I need 2 KTM motorcycles for next years rally (I am trying to set up a small Danish team) - but one will be sold after the race. I think it will be the 530 exc. My workshop are to small to all these motorcycles - now there is: Honda Transalp XL600V, Suzuki 250 RMX and KTM 625 SXC.
    BR
    Torben

Quote Originally Posted by Morfar View Post
    The Transorientale guys and girl looked amazing fresh after 14 days of racing.
    There was a girl who did the hole race on motorcycle - well done!!!
    In the Moto class the Norwegian guy Pal Anders Ullevalsatter came in as number 2 - he have done the Dakar 7 times. The winner was Katrinak from Slovenia. Most of the factory riders was in South America at that time - for racing a World Champignon ship stage.

A guy tried to participate in Taklimakan rally this year with a sidecar - but the organizer refused him - maybe you should already now push them to maka a sidecar class for next year. I have the sidecar guys phone number.

Private persons are not allowed to enter the stages for taking pictures - only members of the media group - but just apply as a media person.

It is not allowed to import motorcycles to China - but where there is a will, these is a way....:-)

I need 2 KTM motorcycles for next years rally (I am trying to set up a small Danish team) - but one will be sold after the race. I think it will be the 530 exc. My workshop are to small to all these motorcycles - now there is: Honda Transalp XL600V, Suzuki 250 RMX and KTM 625 SXC.
    BR
    Torben
    Are these bikes in China.

Would not the Honda transalp make a good Rallye bike?

A Danish team what the.

I better get to work on a Aussie team.I wonder if Simon Pavey is available.

C-Moto Regular
    Yep - the bikes are in my workshop here in Beijing. I still have a Honda XL 600in Denmark.
    The Transalp is much to heavy for Rally - it's a V-tvin with around 190 kg and 55 HP. The KTM 625 is standard 132 kg with 65 HP. In the sand it's important (for a weak guy like me) to have a light motorcycle and the KTM 625 are just at the limit. On the fast tracks it is good to have some weight (more stabil at high speed), but in the soft sand, where you really have to fight, it's so hard. At the fast tracks (hard sand dunes) in Taklimakan I was going up to 150 km/h - it's like flying.....so great!!!!!

Bigdamo are you living in China...?? If yes, where..??
    BR
    Torben

6. #36 Mongolian Rally 2008 
    C-Moto Regular
    The Mongolian Rally 2008 will start the 3. af August - find more info at: http://www.sser.org/mongolia2008/ind...lish_main.html
    The web page will be updated during the race.

Here some video/pics.:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaoh...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLLbAryjaPE

I will try to find the time to go there next year, but if the Taklimakan Rally 2009 will be in September it will be difficult - shipping of the motorcycle takes time - specially crossing Chinese borders....

BR Torben

Torbin I am living Sydney,Australia at present.

I will be moving to Xinjiang, China if every thing works out at the end of the year.

I'll swap you my Maico for your KTM

8. #38 2006 Rally, a Wild Ride 
    Hi All, Nice to have found you all, thanks to Carl -

I am from NZ , own and operate www.Travel-the-Real-China.com
    and been living in Shanghai for a good few years now. I did the 2006 rally with 9 other foreigners, an amazing thing to do, very dangerous, but worth it. You can see all the pictures on this site http://community.webshots.com/user/Chinakiwi100 and I will sort out the BLOG report I did over the next few days so you all can read it.

I would be interested to look into doing it again, you have to be a safe cautious rider to just manage to finish. The deep Taklimakan powder sand is really hard work.

Any questions please drop me a line, Brice; please keep in touch over the race.

Happy Travelling

C-Moto Regular
    Hi.
    Welcome to John.
    I just got the information that next years rally will be in September - date is not finally fixed yet.
    I hope it will be end of September .- so I have a chance to join the SSER rally in Mongolia - starting in beginning af August.
    I got my new KTM 530 exc - but it's still in Denmark...;-(
    BR
    Torben

Taklamakan rally in September is a bad news for me. I should leave China next summer.

Anyway, Wife and I are thinking to go back in France by the road so we'll still go to XinJiang.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast