Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    Northwest PA / North East Ohio Roll Call - Ride Planning 2011

Hello China Moto Junkies. I'm putting this post out to see how many of you are out out here. If I get enough repsonse I'd like to organize a SPRING 2011 Ride around Pymatuning Lake. I am Owner of Jamestown Computer Inc. If this becomes doable, then the ride will start and Finish at my place of business which is located at the southern most tip of the Lake. I have seen a few Motards in the area, but few and far betwwen all the harleys running around the lake! Anyone who is up for this ride, spotbikes, enduros, Motards are all welcome and encoraged to attend. If you are intrested please chime in here or e-mail me directly at sales@jamestowncomputer.com be sure and put Pymatuning Lake Motard Ride 2011 in the subject and attach all your contact info - email etc, so I can be sure and start a list. If enough intrest I will plan more rides for us throughout the year. Ok China moto Junkies, lets hear from ya!

2. #2 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hello, JTC, and welcome to the forum.

Very much like the idea of organizing group rides like this and sorely wish I were near enough to join. Love the idea of a posse of Chinese bikes taking on the Hardlys! Felix was just telling a funny story about pulling up next to a hog on his Galaxy somewhere in Zhejiang, and giving him a nod and a smile as we all do to other riders -- only to receive a sneer and a grunt from the superior being at his side. By his telling, Felix had the last laugh as he blew the guy off on the first uphill curve, even though his Galaxy engine is barely one-quarter that hog's displacement.

Then again, I've had some fun rides with Harley riders. It's not the bike; it's the attitude.

Hope you get a good turnout. Don't you have to contend with snow in those parts?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks I am looking forward to getting some response for a SPRING Time ride around the lake. Yes Winter is about to set in so no hurry on much right now. Thanks for the welcome, I've learned alot already about my new bike just browsing around. I'll upload some pics soon. Right now there all on my FACEBOOK Account.

4. #4 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    Amazing there are absolutely NO SUMO Riders in these parts! At least they haven't chimed in anyways. I have seen a few this past summer. Looks like I maybe the lone ranger in these parts of Pennsylvania. When it comes to Harleys or other street bikes - they are everywhere. Very few Daul Sports or Sumo's. I'm thinking of a advertisement for the organized ride so i can reach out to other surounding areas. Open to suggestions for ride organization. Happy NEW Years everyone!

5. #5 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's a SUMO rider?

Happy New Year!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #6 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 

7. #7 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    Dual Sport.

There are people doing that casually, riding on city streets and then taking that ridding into vacant urban land in the cities. Not as much as they used to though, in the past those that that owned those vacant lots just looked away. But these days they have to chase people away because they have to much at risk due to the liability. The lots got fenced and signs went up, the trails grew over on most but there are still some locations left. Those are the location were nobody can hear the bikes, the ones just too isolated from residences and businesses for anyone to notice. Should not talk about secret spots…if you do then they will no longer be a secret. But you can see the trails from satellites, thought about indexing these locations and posting and ratings them…but that could do more harm then good.

We can take you to the secret location but we have to blind fold you….

8. #8 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for the comments and input guys but let's try to NOT Get off subject of my thread - Northwest PA / Northeast OH Roll Call 2011 ride organization. I would really like to see some locals chime in but guess they just are not here on this forum anyways. FYI Today would have been a nice day to ride, but very very cold. roads are clear and the sun is shining here in NW Pennsylvania.

9. #9 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    Here is the Palnned route around the Lakes - For more information Please contact Andrew Directly at sales@jamestown Computer Inc - We hope to find some additional DS Riders here:

Andrew

10. #10 Re: Northwest PA / Northeast OH - Roll Call - 2011 Ride Planning Pymatuning Lake 
    C-Moto Senior
    RIDE UPDATE - Tenative date is JULY 23RD 2011 At 10am - Starting at Jamestown Computer Inc. Located at 1 Gibson St Jamestown, PA Located across from the historical Tunnel. Please RSVP to sales@jamestowncomputer.com we are asking for a $10 donation for this ride. Benifits local charity to be annouced. We will also have hot dogs and hamburgers, and drinks at the end of the ride. MARK your calenders. Again please rsvp asap so we can get a semi accuraye count of riders. MAPS and directions will be provided to each rider. We will be making a 30-60 minute stop at the Pymatuning spillway to see where the duck walk on the fish (CARP Feeding). You may also call Andrew at 724-932-1014 mon-fri 8am-6pm to phone in your RSVP. Hope to hear from all you moto junkies. The map above will be the route taken. I will be providing an accurate milage for this ride soon but guessing just under 80-100 miles range. Any questions e-mail or call me. E-Mail Subject should be Pymatuning Ride 2011 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast