Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tracks in , Kidneys Hurt ! 
    Master of Thump
    We just put in our two acre Motocross ATV track this weekend . Road it hard today trying to make good lines for my bikes and the track itself. It is going to take allot of run time to get it where we want it , or I want it I should say . :blink:
    Even using the Case Loader Back-Hoe tracktor it needs to have like 100 bikes riding on it for a week to get it smoothed down and lines cut into it for the bikes to run smooother on it . It is quite rutty and bumpy right now with only two bikes on it running several hours today . Plus it did not rain like they promised me, so all I could do was my best Ricky Carmicheal impressions in first and second and third gear cutting lines in the dirt . It is too bumpy right now for anything faster . My kidneys actually hurt today, between the Back-Hoe for 7 hours and todays riding three different bikes to check out my work on the track . Tuesday will be a painfull day at work . :biggrin:
    I am sooooooo impressed with the Viva 250 dirtbike , what a machine it is. It loved this track today, but it keeps telling me to go faster man go faster . I think its trying to kill me :biggrin:
    This bike has adjustable dampeners and ride soft and hard settings on the fork tubes that are hand tunable , even while riding, so it is very nice to have that today . Man I beat myself up , but it was worth every minute. In a month or two this track will come into its own for sure . Made for me and my mate, exactly what we want it to be like. Now thats a cool ride !
    Hey, where are all the Moto-Crossers on this forum ? ! ? ! Speak up and post would ya, I feel alone here :helpsmilie:
    Well that was our ride today . Nice to have your own custom two acre track indeed . The little ATV67 from Rocketa , thier race model ATV is really nice out here for my Fiance' . And to finally have a good place to use it thats safe and close . Hell, we have an esspresso machine right in the backdoor of the hosue too, so ride up and I will Latte' your motorcycle butts if anyone actually shows up some year to ride our track with us . Give me some notice and you can probably even spend the night , if you bring Prawns to cook !!!!

Cheers, thats my day of riding, I am done, hurting now, ouch, good day , Snortin Norton out

Will get some pics out soon of the track, just too tired tonight for it .

Cheers, Snortin Norton
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-27-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: more crappy spelling

I would totally be all over that, but I would need to move about 1500 miles north--then I can sabotage snowbirds who are getting ready for their annual trek to Yuma--just a little bit of revenge for all the crap they put us through down here :thumbup::thumbup: during the only enjoyable time in the south of Arizona--winter.

Off subject a bit, but I need to get my bike, probably a Qlink motard in orange (I'll put KTM stickers on it) and ride up there...if the US distributor of Qingqi, gogo motorsports, has good deal on the enduro, then that one will be a good substitute for the Qlink, but I hate compromising, dammit!

We need photos, too...put down the back hoe, the bikes, the pistols and pick up your camera, and show us this work of art.

3. #3 Oh Culcune 
    Master of Thump
    Oh Culcune,
    your the greatest ! :thumbup:
    If I was a millionaire I would buy you a dozen Qlinks man .
    I will get some photos out soon , I seldome don't do what I say I am going too , but be patient , I actually work for a living too . You ought to be a pro at patience by now waiting on that bike ? ! ? ! I told you before , you'll hate yourself in the morning if you buy anything other than what you really want this next bike you get man :thumbdown:
    Put down the guns, the bikes, the back-hoe ? Are you nutts !!!!
    My neighbors to the left of me are not real happy with our track so I have heard . Bummer , for them . :biggrin: I guess the guys constant wood chipper Saturday and Sundays extravaganza he does on a constant basis is going to bite him in his ass this time . :wink: Long time ago this same neighbor used to throw rocks at my landlords kids for riding thier bikes on the old track the owner had put in here for his kids . So now, the track is back , and the kid got older and now his name is Snortin Norton and he defies you to throw rocks at him I just hope he's not a closet Sniper ? I guess if you don't want a race track next to you you should have bought acreage out in the middle of the forest ????? Too bad so sad :biggrin: I am quite positive I will be riding several times a week now on it too and Sunday mornings :biggrin:. The Viva 250 is loud , but so is the wood chipper at 7:00 AM Sunday mornings . Tooshe' :wink:
    Cheers Cuclune , and everyone else . Hope you all have a great work week if you work that is . Or great rides too .

Cheers, Snortin Norton out, time for work, so I can play :thumbup:

You just need some stadium lighting so you can keep at it all night ;)

5. #5 You know Jim 
    Master of Thump
    You know Jim,
    that is great idea !:thumbup:
    I never even thought about that ?
    That's the nice thing about forums , major amounts of different views on stuff .
    Giant Sodium Crystals would be nice huh ? Hmmmmm ?
    I really am POSITIVE my neighbor would start a war though over that . We all have little 2 too 5 acre parcels here where I live. It is out in the booneys though , non-incorporated too . Tonight it was 9:00-ish and still light out .
    Maybe in the Winter though lights would be nice . We still have to shut stuff down here at 10:00 PM, its the law around here and people are call the cops happy on my road over disturbances . Although I have never been visited myself over anything like that , but I bet Sodium Crystals would draw in the wrong kinda crowd , armed and able to arrest , hee hee .
    Great Idea though , even if your kidding ? Maybe your not kidding ? :biggrin:

Cheers, I got Thursday night planned for some photo's here of the track. Mind you, its still very rough , I have yet to build up my burms with the bikes , or work on my jumps . All I have done was cut it through with the Back-Hoe-Loader now and run the bikes on it to check it out and cut some lines with the Knobbies . It is NOT a stadium type Super-moto-track, but rather a European style outdoor motocross course . Much different than most of you are probably imagining unless your from Europe . Plus its nothing spectacular, it is just a little track to blast around on and race too .

Cheers, Snortin Norton out
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-28-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Oh God learn me to spell

The little tracks are where it all starts man! :thumbup:

Sounds like a fantastic place to have a C-Moto PNW meet! Could even make it a mini maintenance clinic. People could crash inside or outside in tents. Spin some wrenches, bring some beer, bbq up some stupid good food and take lots of pictures!

You had a chance to snap any pics of your track/facilities yet?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 Rough Draft of track pics 
    Master of Thump
    Well here she is , it's a start . Needs lots of work and lots of ride time . Try to have an imagination like me okeedokeee :biggrin:

Here's the Master fo Disaster :biggrin:

This is the start line towards the first corner , about 250 ft. into a burm left .

This is looking at turn 1 and the small burm . The tree to the left has three step up jumps , 2 ft. 4 ft. to the right of the tree and an 8 ft. jump on the other side of the Maple tree to the left . If you jump the 8 footer you can eliminate the burm altogether through a split in the road you'll see in my next pic .

[

This is looking at the end of turn 1 going into a 100 ft. sweeper turn to the left . Corner of burm is still in photo to the far right .
    There is a small tree seperating the track here , inside lane, outside lane, one for the burm side if you want , one for the large jump side .

This is the start of the sweeper turn .

This is nearing the end of the sweeper turn , or turn 2 .

This is looking back down the sweeper , opposite direction .

This is looking at starting the long backstretch, about 300 ft. plus out to the road , you can really pick up some speed now . Hang left !!!!

This is corner two looking to left for an alternative direction if you want . I am building up a burm to the right of the little tree to the left . You can switchback at this point and go three directions, backstetch to turn 3 , burm left back toward sweeper, or go straight in the photo back out to the middle of the frontstretch-starting line area .

This is the alternate direction back out to the start-finish line . Many potential jumps-sites here to enter the track again from this side of my storage shed ????

This is the backstretch to corner 3 , very flat , tons of speed here, 4th gear stuff . My friends front door is across the road in the pic . I have threatened him now to jump the road and sit in his lap one day if I miss the corner bad :biggrin: You end up in a small 3 ft. culvert for turn 3 and out of the culvert for turn 4 and onto the start finish line in the first pic, about 150 ft . You jump my driveway if you want out of the culvert slightly to the right towards the start-finish line area . Not much to see but lots of speed on both . I wanted some good spots to test out top-end carb work through the gears , although top gear I deam impossible to achieve on this track on any of my bikes except the SUNL 125 XT .

This is the landing zone from jumps 1,2,3 if you ride the track backwards . No not the bike backwards, the track man ! :biggrin: This is looking at the starting line .

I know its rough , and you have to have some vision to see what I see too . It is going to take lots of riding and lots of fine tuning . But both will be extremely satisfying doing them . It is kinda overcast when I took pics, but it is very beautifull back here in my woods reguardless . I will put whoop-di-doos in as I see fit later, and some smaller jumps here and there, but try to remember this track is going to be set up for ATV too so I am keeping it somewhat flatter than just bike motocross that jsut has a bunch of jumps and mogals . My gal loves her ATV , so , well, you know :biggrin:

Well there it is , its a start , and my Esspresso machine is never more than 30 seconds away !

Oh and hear is my new Beagle Dog " Baby " , ha ha ha . No I can't conform, I refuse to be normal . :biggrin:

Cheers out, Snortin Norton aka Mad Maxx
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-30-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: more bad spelling !

and my Esspresso machine is never more than 30 seconds away ! So that explains it! Nice track...I just hope it doesn't bug your neighbor--oh, yeah, I do hope it bugs the "mad chipper."

9. #9 Oh yeh 
    Master of Thump
    Oh yeh, it will drive him nuts Cuclune, but that's ok , he drives me nuts too :biggrin:

Cheers, Snortin Norton out

A Mx track in the backyard, you're the Man!:thumbup:

Back in France If I had done that my neighbor (a nice guy) would have kill me, he hunts boars .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast