Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HAHAHA.. coffee and combustion engines...sounds like a day at the track all right!

Nice set up there man! Looks like plenty of nice soft ground for tents too!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    A Mx track in the backyard, you're the Man!:thumbup:

Back in France If I had done that my neighbor (a nice guy) would have kill me, he hunts boars .
    I don't think you bore anyone, LOL; or at least not enough to get shot over.

3. #13 Yo Brice 
    Master of Thump
    Yo Brice ,
    I may just be the next Boar on my neighbors plate too , one never knows ?
    He is a hostile old man and likes his quiet , as long as it is him making noise only that is of course . God forbid anyone else make any noise . :thumbdown: Unfortuantely I was too tired this week from Carpentry jobs to do any riding , but this weekend I made three days off Brice, so I plan on being mighty offensive to everyone on my road . Nobody cares but one guy, so its all good . :biggrin:
    Our track was so crappy before I opened up the forest with the Back-Hoe-loader last weekend , I had to do all my fast test runs out on the gravel road that all of us use . He has stood out there in the yard of his house yelling at me to slow down and shakes his fist at me . I slow down by his house now out of respect for the elderly , but his world just got a little louder on a constant basis , so he better get used to it or kill me . I don't have to ride on the road anymore , but the start finish line borders his Bedroom !! :thumbup:
    All is fair in Love and Wood Chippers the way I see it :biggrin:
    I have wondered for along time just how loud my Viva 250 Preditor is without the packing in my Silencer ?? Heeee hee hee
    If you know who the Hatfields and the Mckoys were, I would probably be the Poster Child for the clan of one of them :biggrin:

I sure hope it rains this weekend at some point too . I really need it to make some of the burms , naturally . I made some really deep mud-pits out there too, so it should be some fun soon. Well, its fun anyway the way it is, but the rain makes it way cooler :thumbup: Got Mudd !!!!

I have invited my neighbor Dan over with his new Husky 500 Enduro to ride around on it . That beasty bike throws a rooster tail let me tell ya . For $8,000 USA dollars it better throw a Golden Rooster Tail :biggrin: Cool bike .
    White Brothers shocks and Brembo brakes, it better throw a rooster tail .

Anyway , thanks and cheers bro , Snorton Norton out .
    Last edited by Snortin Norton; 05-31-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: I need to go back to Kindegarten to learn to spell

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I don't think you bore anyone, LOL; or at least not enough to get shot over.
    Few years ago, during the night, a herd of wild pigs came in his yard and ravage all the turf and flowers while looking for some roots.
    His pretty garden looked like Snortin's backyard after the Caterpillar massacre! My own garden was intact.:laugh:
    He was so upset that he spent all the following night hidden in his car with a 2 shots gun waiting for the boars but the clever animals never came back.:thumbup:

I know a little about the McCoy's and their best enemies. Not part of our folklore in Europe but we are so much "invaded" by USofA history that we can't ignore it.:laugh:

Show us some pics after your mud bath and before you'll get shot by the guy next door:blink:

6. #16 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Hi Crazy Carl ,
    Man you two ( Signet ) are supplying a whole bunch of cool photos of China , thanks . Very cool for all of us . :thumbup: Your making my Kodak pics look like crap, thanks . :biggrin:

Coffee and Combustion Engines , yes , nice pairing in this colder than normal State of Washington , USA .............Indeed , and I make a nice Latte, trust me !!!
    And we have tools up the cazoo for repairs here , so if anyone ever does actually show up for a visit , they don't need anything but a good attitude and PRAWNS :biggrin: , and maybe some nice tea leaves or Coffee beans from where they came from of course !!!! That would be nice . Just teazing about all the Prawns , anyone can come and bring nothing , its all good man .
    We have about a half acre of pristine Washington field grass too to park tents on in the front yard or back yard , bikes , sleeping bags , whatever, so it is a great camping spot for sure . I keep it mowed nice too so its very soft year round with excellent drainage .
    The track aint much really, but it does offer anyone a place to take a load off on a road trip , grab a shower, some food , some hot coffee , some good lies and be on thier way to thier next adventure . It is always nice to know people around the world so you have some cool spots to ride through and be welcome and park it for a day and let your ass recover from road wearyness .
    Plus we have a pretty good stable of bikes now, so if you want to blast around the track a bit if you show up ona street bike , I am always game to make that happen too for anyone . This is very beautiful country out this way in North America , it always worth a look-see . Plus were only 40 miles from one of the biggest Volcanos on Earth , Mt. Rainier . Hell of a nice road trip up to it and on it , trust me !
    We plan on getting married up there we hope in December of this year , so I hope to have some good pics of that and the road then too . It is Gods country here for sure . The Dalli Lamma was just here in the State recently and he commented on how beautiful it was here too, and that man has seen the world big time, he ought to know beauty when he sees it.
    Or maybe that was Dolly Madison :biggrin: Hee hee hee .

2:15 AM. in the morning peoples in the great US of A , drinking Latte's , typing dribble ? Why am I up doing this ??????? Seams my time to write is late I guess , and Latte's are great before bed . I am often a reverse addict and this stuff puts me to sleep . Like warm milk , Hazel nut latte's , yum . Now that's insomniac food :thumbup:

Cheers, Enjoy your days tomorrow , or today is it would be most places I am thinking ? Ride good , safe and hard , and may God be on your tires and show you all a good ride to good places this weekend . I am riding my track this weekend , he has done his job well for me , greatfull I am .

Cheerios, Snortin Norton out

7. #17 You know Brice ? 
    Master of Thump
    You know Brice,
    I think the Folk lore is a good thing, its kinda a lesson or Fable if you will , even if you all feel invaded , especially with the Hatfields and Mckoys lore . It points out how people get over private property and their willingness to kill over the slightest disputes .
    Its kinda like the European farmers getting pissed off that all these tourists are walking through their Hedgrows , legally, even if those hedgrows and laws were made 500 years ago when people had respect for landowners and nobody littered , tore down stuff, trampled fields , ruined crops , etc.
    I don't think the landowners that are barking at people or in some instances shooting them or at them are really that far off the mark of being RIGHT , now ?
    Now a little fact , I was invaded by your European folk lore on my USA news about that little peice of history, so its all good right ? :biggrin:

Boar sure are smart ! Good story there Brice............

Cheers , Snortin Norton

SNorton,

Washington State is beautiful and got some cool people too. I dropped a night in Aberdeen and stayed at the Thunderbird motel. Right across the street was this hokey bar and I decided to go in to see what the local scene was like.

There was one dude there who was Quinault (sp?) Indian. He said they were the only people in North America who were legally allowed to whale (up to five a year) and they still did it the old-school way in small boats! :blink:

He won a bunch of money that night on some pool games and insisted on getting my beer. We talked about music and pretty much everything under the sun. He's a really good guy and I wish I had gotten a picture or two. I'd like to meet him again and this time...I'll get the beer.

Rolled up to Olympic Nt'l Forest and checked out some mossy trees. That's a place I'd like to do some back country hiking to see the mtn. Amazing place!

Rolled into Seattle late afternoon and met a dude on a Ducati who was nice enough to show me around town is search for a new rear tire. He sure did a lot of wheelies! Anyway, he was a nice guy and pointed me in the right direction.

Good times in Washington for sure but I missed the Cascade Mountains and I need to go back and see that. If I'm though that way some time I'll look you up...I can ride and drink coffee too!

Where are you in Washington?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #19 Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Crazy Carl,
    I live about 60 miles south of Seattle . 40 miles south of Mt. Rainier . Out in
    the sticks in a "VERY" Red-Neck town of about 300 people . I don't live in town , just out of town .
    Yeh, lots of Indians here , good folks . Lots of Ducati's too !!!! Ha ha ha . I guess we got good taste here in Washington ? We do like our Coffee that's for sure too .
    Yes, the Cascade Mountains are worth a look-see , for sure. I climbed some, they are cool and very majestic . Especailly Mt. Baker and Mt. Shucksen . Those are near the Canadian border , intence mountains . I made friends with a Marmmot family up at Baker one Spring . They are furry little creatures , look like a small Beaver without the tail . Very inquisitive too, they came right up to me two feet away with no fear . And I was remote man , remote way out in nowhere land on the mountain . Was cool .
    Yeh, nice place, too much pollitics though . Lots of Democrats if your into that , ha ha .
    I wasn't born here but have been here most of 20 or so years . It is very expensive now too , thanks to the influx of California developers and people that will pay whatever for property too . It has changed drastically from when I arrived . I won't be here too many years longer either, maybe two or three ? It is time to go , I don't fit in anymore . It used to be quite funky and hippi in this state, now everyone is in a hurry to get nowhere , and most people are kinda rude now too . I will finish my Nursing Degree here and move on . I am halfway through now , it takes forever when your white and male and can't get a grant or financial aide becausue they say you make too much money ? So its a slow road to education for this guy .
    Your welcome here anytime Crazy Carl , I will be around for awhile yet, certainly stop in if your in my hood .
    I am sure I will end up in the SOUTH , Carolina , or Alabama ? My tribe is down there in Georgia and Alabama and Florida, so that is truelly home for me , and I need to get back to that someday . I like the laid backness of the South anyway , these folks are getting too uptight, even for me , LOL !!!

Cheers, Snortin Norton out . If I get some rain this weekend , will try to post some Mud shots .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12