Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    Jinan Qingqi Luhei
    Sihui Bridge, Chaoyang, Beijing, China
    010-87705638

I think that those markets could be fun, but not a place to buy anything from, it looks like giant chop shop.

I searched for a dealer and found one in Beijing, but its a big city.
    Last edited by MJH; 11-21-2010 at 01:38 AM.

2. #32 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    They call that model you like a Liger….so you would call and ask if they have any of the 250 Ligers in stock?

3. #33 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    They call that model you like a Liger….so you would call and ask if they have any of the 250 Ligers in stock?

This is the factory contact info, who knows calling them may help you locate one.
    Address:No.34,Heping Road, Jinan,China
    P.C.:250014
    TEL:0086-531- 86599753 86599758
    FAX:0086-531- 86986806
    E-mail:qingqimotor@qingqi.com.cn

There is also a sister company called Pioneer
    Address:No.3 Dongchen Road, High-new Technology Zone, Jinan, China
    Postcode:250101
    Tel :86-531-81299200 86-633-8265192
    Fax:86-531-81299206
    E-mail:pioneer@xfmotor.com.cn

They have the bike on the web site
    http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/product_show.aspx?id=90

LIGER(QM250GY-B(A) if you do a search on that you find all kinds of dialogue on it in Chinese. Somebody should know where you can buy one and or when.

4. #34 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    I'm in Shanghai until about 8pm tomorrow, then I head back to my beloved Beijing :)

thanks for the address, shall check it out when i'm back home!

regarding the 250 Liger, i've already sent Qingqi an e-mail yesterday enquiring about it. waiting for a reply :) i originally tried the first email you wrote (qingqimotor@qingqi.com.cn) but it got bounced back. looking on the same website in Chinese, i found this address: jqx@qingqi.com.cn which seems to be working.
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

5. #35 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I emailed that account, in Chinese, and got no reply, which is typical for motorbike makers in China. Think you need to ring them:
    销售公司: 0531-88877405
    销售部: 0531-88877436
    服务部: 0531-88877411

As for Beijing, which I too love, I've been trying my best to stay away. Have you been reading the recent air quality reports? I saw this one yesterday:

US Embassy: Beijing air quality is 'crazy bad'
    By CHI-CHI ZHANG
    AP

BEIJING -Pollution in Beijing was so bad Friday the U.S. Embassy, which has been independently monitoring air quality, ran out of conventional adjectives to describe it, at one point saying it was "crazy bad."

The embassy later deleted the phrase, saying it was an "incorrect" description and it would revise the language to use when the air quality index goes above 500, its highest point and a level considered hazardous for all people by U.S. standards.

The hazardous haze has forced schools to stop outdoor exercises, and health experts asked residents, especially those with respiratory problems, the elderly and children, to stay indoors.

"We've canceled 10 days worth of games since August," said David Niven, chief operating officer of China ClubFootball, which runs extensive youth and adult football leagues in Beijing. "If the air is above 240, some of the schools will ask us to move football games indoors or cancel them altogether. Because of the bad air this year, we've had to cancel more games than ever before."

Health experts say breathing polluted air can affect respiratory functions and worsen problems for those with asthma or allergies.

China's official air quality rating was 312 on Friday. Environmental groups and city residents have complained the government's measurement system consistently underreports the severity of the problem.

Beijing's official air monitors only measure relatively coarse particulate matter, whereas the U.S. system monitors smaller, deadlier dust particles.

Experts say Beijing's frequently bad air has been even dirtier recently because a growing number of factories and villages on the outskirts of the city are burning coal for the winter, and more than 1,200 new cars hit the roads each day.

The capital underwent a massive cleanup in 2008 for the Olympic Games, such as planting thousands of acres (hectares) of trees in and around the city, but has since allowed some factories to reopen and lifted some traffic restrictions, bringing pollution levels back up.

"If the city's planning was better, people from the outskirts wouldn't have to commute for hours each day," said Ma Jun, director of the Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs in Beijing. "Beijing needs to place more of a priority on the environment. The health of Beijing residents is no less important than the health of those athletes who were here for a few weeks."

"We can't just expect wind, snow or rain to wipe out the pollution when it gets bad," Ma added. "The city must take pollution more seriously and implement preventive measures."

One Beijing resident said he was suffering breathing difficulties. "I feel like I'm having some problems with breathing and distress in my chest," said a high school teacher who only gave his surname, Qiao.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press
    I think that estimate of number of new cars on Beijing's streets every day is outdated; I think it's well over 2,000 a day now. You can register a car in Beijing for less than US$100. In Shanghai, it's close to US$6500. Beijing's city planning and traffic policy, built totally around cars and housing people in distant suburbs, has pretty much wrecked that city for me.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #36 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    In the USA a level of 50 is considered unsafe?

It must be doubly difficult to address conservation with such high population densities.

Eventually the princess in the pink Italian car will become a environmentalist and then interested in turning different corners, a different green to pursue?

People sometimes get distorted as to what is truly admirable and why?

7. #37 Re: Qingqi and Helmets in Shanghai? 
    STILL AMIDST THE TRAFFIC. Ekkicore's Avatar
    i'm back in beijing now, but did manage to check out the market before i left:

IMG_7302-sh-800.jpg

IMG_7306-sh-800.jpg

we walked around until we found something useful:

IMG_7303-sh-800.jpg

oh and at some point a lot of drinking and dancing was involved..

IMG_7216-sh-500.jpg
    DJ | Promoter | Photographer
    my photography on Flickr.com

QJiang 钱江龙 QJ150-19a (AKA SQUEAZEL?!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234