Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 electrical problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    can start bike kick start can jump start with car but bike bogs out the moment the 12v source is removed i have tried to shake down the source any one have any ideas

2. #2 Re: electrical problems 
    You can kick start the bike and it runs fine?
    You can jump start the bike and it dies when you remove the jumper cables?

Or are you saying that you can kick start the bike with jumper cables attached but when you remove the jumper cables then the bike stops running? If this is true then I think you have a very dead battery with an open cell.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #3 Re: electrical problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    i can do both kick start go a couple of blocks and the idle stays at 2000rpm of dies but no power response from bike, when I hook up to my car the electric starts with no hesitation but when i remove power the throttle becomes unresponsive and the lights go dimm when rev rpm in N but close throttle the lights return to full brightness i wanna say alternator but i dont have the service book for the bike just that portuguse one which i can figure out kinda but kinda is not cutting it my car was crushed by three trees wile driving by tornado and bike is only way to get a round i wanna fix myself cuz in nyc people will take you for what ever they can like last week i thought it was the starting relay went to get a used one from a local shop he charged me 40 bucks used turned out that wasnt it but does this bike have an alternator or generator i also took out the coil and cleaned it to no avail but broke gasket and now have oil leak as well please help me before i break more things

4. #4 Re: electrical problems 
    C-Moto Noob
    yeah thought about the battery to so i charged it the gizmo charger says it was charged the fluke true multi meter said charged also but that could not mean there is enough to turn over the engine thank you for your time man i have a full tig welding set up mig stick as well ever wanna do so me rad exhausts let me know free of charge

5. #5 Re: electrical problems 
    Did you try running the bike without the battery and putting a voltage meter on the positive and negative terminals? You should get a reading of something around 13-14 Volts, if it's 12 or under, you're not getting power. Could be the voltage regulator or could be the stator. You need to get a voltage meter and take some readings as electrical issues are a bit difficult to troubleshoot from your description.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #6 Re: electrical problems 
    To test the charging system you need a fully charged battery and a multimeter.
    Usually the problem is the regulator / rectifier but it is good to test before replacing
    The regulator rectifier suzuki motorcycle gn125 fits perfectly.
    You can test the system by following these steps of the photo.

Sundown 200cc STX motard