Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New to the site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank You very much. I will be leaving shortly to pick up the bike. Is it permissable for an old man to get excited about a new toy?

2. #12 Re: New to the site 
    You are not alone here with age. The youngsters on this forum forget we have been there done it all while we were screwing their mothers, grandmothers. We lead the way.

And in order to be sociably acceptable we did it all, including screwing their mum, while high on dope, speed or just out of it on bourbon. we had no computers to aid us, no digital devices, just guts and a knife.

Your bike is not a toy, it is a necessary device and you will be doing serious research for future generations, sacrificing your own safety and longevity if required. And the ancillary devices such as GPS, racks, tank bags, 12v outlets, trip cameras, ipad, silk underwear, new leather, bluetooth mp3 comms and players, tools, even the new workshop and car trailer are also essential for the purpose. The fact you will enjoy the beast is just ancillary and a personal foible you should keep to yourself, like the simple pleasure of undoing your belt, successfully lacing your boots, waking up another day.

3. #13 Re: New to the site 
    163 FML engine, a internet search on that will tell you about your engine.

4. #14 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well boys and girls, again I thank you all for your input, the beast is home and and awaiting assembly. Happy Turkey Day to those in the U.S.

5. #15 Re: New to the site 
    WJ,
    You must be an old fart like me if you had a 650 BSA back in the 60's like I did. I bought a Suzuki in 1968 and could not believe the reliability improvement over the BSA. I could actually ride somewhere and get home.
    Nice looking China bike you got off Ebay. I have three Chinese bikes that I got in the crate and didn't have a problem putting them together.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #16 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well barnone, I am no youngster. The bike is sitting in my carport. It's a bit chilly to work very long. I have unpacked the battery and filled and put it on a trickle charger. I have everything out of the crate and the top bolts out of the frame. It got too cold for my old bones. I might do a bit more, then I might not. I ain't in no hurry to go riding in 20 degree weather. For those of you following this thread, the bike was manufactured by Kinroad Xintian model XT 200 GY.

7. #17 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Regular
    Does the bike come with an EPA certificate and MSO?

8. #18 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If you are in California, forget this bike. It meets emissions in the rest of the states.

9. #19 Re: New to the site 
    Quote Originally Posted by WireJockey View Post
    Well barnone, I am no youngster. The bike is sitting in my carport.
    Well you are letting us all down! The whole point of getting old is that you can assemble it in the lounge room in reach of the recliner chair, the beer fridge and the TV remote control. And the cellphone so if it falls on top of you, you can get someone over quietly to lift it off and the neighbour's cats won't eat you.

10. #20 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Them critters from down under can be annoying .... LOL. I thought about bringing it into the house but I didn't feel like lifting the dang thing up the steps. I'm not so sure it wuld fit back out the door with the handlebars mounted anyway. I have gotten a bit of it put together. I'm ready to mount the front fender and the front wheel. The butt end is done. In fact, the middle is also. By the way jape, do you like snakes? I hear that when you are bad in kangaroo land all them nasty critters come crawling into your home at night to get in bed with you. I envy you, whilst I am entering into winter, you are ready for the summer thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast