Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New to the site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: New to the site 
    Better assemble it ASAP, the warranty expire after 90 days. Kinroad are prone to have "problems" in early stage.

2. #22 Re: New to the site 
    My hatband was a tiger snake ... nuff said. Sorry to play the fool, but it cheers me up on days when I am stuck inside. We need rain here after 14 years drought but I didn't expect to be stranded by a flash flood and bored stiff! Good luck with the assembly and I hope you get some clear days to wear the thermal underwear and try it out.

3. #23 Re: New to the site 
    Fourteen year drought? Wow, and I thought the two year one was bad in Western North Carolina.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #24 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the headsup human. What I have seen so far is it appears fairly well made. I guess the proof is in the pudding. What kind of issues have they had?

5. #25 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    jape, We are in the middle of the madness that we call Thanksgiving which is followed by Black Friday. I have had family gatherings going on so I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked. It has also been cold, rainy and windy. I have heard you have lots of snakes there. I just thought I would poke a little fun back at you. We only have one snake here in Michigan to worry about. It is called the Eastern Massasauga Rattler. They aren't much to be worried about unless you step on them or provoke them. Now barnone has a few more to worry about, Cottonmouths, Eastern Diamondbacks, and Copperheads. They are all alot more dangerous than what is here in Michigan. Even then, if you just leave them alone they won't bother you. Now about that Tiger snake headband, are you one of Crocodile Dundee's relatives?

6. #26 Re: New to the site 
    All humour welcomed Down-under. Have a great Thanksgiving.

All the nasty critturs like snakes and crocs and politicians are protected by federal law over here but that Tiger made the mistake of having a few goes at me when I was out hunting with a bow. Had no choice but to chop his head off with my knife.

I think Mick Dundee may be my Aunty on my mother's side, but relationships can be a bit confused out in the bush - not just snakes, you never know who you will wake up with in bed. The bloke at the Post Office tries to hide it, but he has a tail. We think a big 'roo may have hopped in somewhere.

7. #27 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yup, our politicians are protected here also. Too bad, I have been hoping someone would get Obummer. He is so far to the left he makes Communists look like the center. I'm getting ready to pop a couple mor parts on my new bike. I also have a project going on a 1976 Kawasaki KV-100. I got it running today but the clutch is slipping like mad so I ordered new clutch plates for it as well as levers, speedo cable, spark plugs and a rear brake light switch. I'm trying to get everything up to snuff before Christmas. I bought the Kaw for my son. He was born on Christmas in 1976. I thought it would be fun for him to ride the trails with me on a bike the same vintage as him. I think I'm probably going to have to rering it also. It's not making the power it should. Cheers

8. #28 Re: New to the site 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Better assemble it ASAP, the warranty expire after 90 days. Kinroad are prone to have "problems" in early stage.
    The bike is a Kinroad
    http://www.kinroad.net/#

Your Vehicle Identification Number would begin with LBX
    the fourth character "Y" then fifth should be "C"...then "M"

very good Humanbeing

Here is the file with the NHSTA and it was submitted by Wildfire...ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4788.pdf

9. #29 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The bike is a Kinroad

very good Humanbeing

Here is the file with the NHSTA and it was submitted by Wildfire...ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4788.pdf
    That is exactly what the vin starts with. I wanted to get it going today but I discovered the the clamping piece for the front brake lever is missing along with the bolts for it. I already purchased some bolts so I could get it done. I will call Wildfire tomorrow and ask for the part.

10. #30 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The bike is a Kinroad

very good Humanbeing

I tried firing up the Wildfire WFG-200LDB (Kinroad XT200GY) and discovered the float was stuck on the carb and I was getting no spark. I also discovered that I was missing the shift lever while changing the oil. I called Wildfire and they offered to assembly a bike for me and have it running in exchange for the one I have that was missing many parts. I have to wait about a week on them to get another bike ready. I appreciate your input about the bike. I also appreciate Wildfire for trying to make things right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast