Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: New to the site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: New to the site 
    Goodness! This exactly why people get so down on China bikes isn't it? I would have hoped that by now, a few years into things, they has sorted this kind of ridiculous nonsense out. I hope you can be patient and I hope when you get the assembled beast it is efficient and all you hoped for. If it is any consolation, my Kinlon came in a smashed crate, was a different bike to what i had ordered and paid for, took a good few weeks more than stated for delivery, had parts missing and parts broken but after the initial set up, and some nervous kilometres, I have got to enjoy it and it is as they always say, you get what you pay for and what you get isn't too bad. Good luck mate.

2. #32 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Goodness! This exactly why people get so down on China bikes isn't it? I would have hoped that by now, a few years into things, they has sorted this kind of ridiculous nonsense out. I hope you can be patient and I hope when you get the assembled beast it is efficient and all you hoped for. If it is any consolation, my Kinlon came in a smashed crate, was a different bike to what i had ordered and paid for, took a good few weeks more than stated for delivery, had parts missing and parts broken but after the initial set up, and some nervous kilometres, I have got to enjoy it and it is as they always say, you get what you pay for and what you get isn't too bad. Good luck mate.
    They are swapping bikes with me and they are going to assembly and prep it. I just have to go swap bikes with them. They are trying to make things right.

3. #33 Re: New to the site 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear WJ, as you can see from other other posts we don't get much better care from the Chinese manufacturers over here in China. Bear this all in mind next time some smartass analyst starts to harp on about "China's rise" on CNN or Fox. China is great at filling orders that are designed elsewhere and roll in on the fax machine, but as long as the system here is based on obedience and fealty to grandma, China will be punching far, far below its enormous weight.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #34 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Dear WJ, as you can see from other other posts we don't get much better care from the Chinese manufacturers over here in China. Bear this all in mind next time some smartass analyst starts to harp on about "China's rise" on CNN or Fox. China is great at filling orders that are designed elsewhere and roll in on the fax machine, but as long as the system here is based on obedience and fealty to grandma, China will be punching far, far below its enormous weight.

cheers
    China has great potential but they have to learn from the west about making customers happy. The customer needs to be counted as the king.

5. #35 Re: New to the site 
    Hey Curtis, how about you tell us a little about yourself. An introduction?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

6. #36 Re: New to the site 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    I hope you will enjoy our company here and will get some useful tips,suggestions and other value able information for yourself... :)
    Thanks. I have been riding my new China-Moto in the snow and having a riot. I have already added a high output coil, no-rev limit cdi, and cut the stock muffler off and put a universal FMF 2- stroke spark arrester which lets the bike breath a little better and is a bit louder. The carb was set up so rich I don't think I'm going to have to re-jet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234