Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    I'll be moving back to Huizhou around Chinese new year, and I want to buy a long term bike as soon as I get back. I'm looking for something legal enough to take me around China without police hassle. I have a Chinese motorcycle license.

I'm looking for something comfy and durable enough to take me around the country over a long period of time, but also need a jump in CCs. An enduro, or touring bike of some sort would probably be best. Anything 250cc+ would be enough to consider. I'm trying to stay clear of anything that is a strict street machine, as the roads around where I live can be bad in places.

Again, I want something with decent papers in order, because I am tired of being tempted by the sea of stolen and illegitimate bikes everywhere

Would you kind chaps and chappettes be dears and PM me or reply if you have anything available or have any information?

2. #2 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    Do a search and have a look at some of the many and detailed JH600 threads. They have been ridden there a while now, are available legally, have experienced long distance riders who have done some good mods. You can see suggestions for changes to suspension, wheels, tyres, exhausts and some really good racks and panniers and more; they are large capacity and are certainly dual purpose and handle both fast tarmac and rough roads.

3. #3 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    JH600 = Over buget
    If "survive" riding OHV (noisy & numb) in both side of strait (Guangdong: Jialong/ Tw : Hatford ) ,
    Yingang YG150-E (Made in Conghua, Guangzhou) will have some improvement / Saves ~13k from day 1 . http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...php?tid=526929 http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...php?tid=620448 If finds NOT much fun after some peroid , blank 223 OHC engine + stamp # matches the old one is another < 2k ONLY.
    Wuyang (Honda GL125) frame/ tank / Honda OHC clone (Everywhere stocks parts repair that bike) Gear shift pattern is like the REAL bike + XL125s shock + carriers
    IF rides other fancier bike & f...ed on road, waiting parts will KILLS ur valueable hoilday
    Shineray XY250gy-2 (AX-1 clone engine) is within budget. Some taiwanese modify that type of engine (CPI SM250) to >30 ps.
    Galaxy's products also within budget.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 11-28-2010 at 07:11 AM.

4. #4 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    there is a similar question asked months ago, this thread http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...best-for-needs

5. #5 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    Thanks for the link. My interest has been peaked by the Yingang that was suggested. Anyone care to open a conversation about anything they know about it? Although I am looking for a touring bike, I might consider buying one of these for the street if they are at all up to snuff.

As of now, I am really liking the Galaxies. The XTR seems to be the real deal, but I've seen the SUV model that looks very appealing. I have spoken to the very friendly staff at the factory, and they are quite keen on the fuel injected engine. It will be up on power, but would any of you guys trust anything not Carb'd in China? I just figure no one will know how to work on them if something goes wrong in the middle of no where. Also, what performance mods are available for eeking a little more power out of those XTRs? Thanks guys!

6. #6 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by matt999tye View Post
    ...but would any of you guys trust anything not Carb'd in China?...
    If you really want to know about Fuel Injected Galaxy please read this: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...XTR-250-Review

7. #7 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    The only Fuel Injected (China) bike I've heard anything good about is the Yamaha YBR250. Others seem to have issues. FI version of the Galaxy TGR, XTR, SUV will be the same, as they are all based on the Loncin 223cc engine. Let's just say that I wouldn't want to be their guinea pig.... and I really like the folks at Galaxy.

I think you should try to have a look at the Yamaha YBR250, Shineray X2, and Galaxy TGR or XTR. If you're really interested in adventure touring, Galaxy has and ADV version of the XTR. If they have to go fuel injected in 2011, I would buy it, register it, then swap it back to carb after getting your plates.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #8 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    I'll take your word for it on the business about the issues with fuel injection on Chinese bikes. The guys at the factory said they'd spec it out for adventure touring, and I plan on using some of the mods I've been reading about on this forum. Seems like a decent bike all around.

Speaking to owners: What have you guys done about the top speed on the XTR? I doubt it's very quick, and judging by the set up, I bet it could use a lot more top end. Has anyone messed with the sprockets etc?

9. #9 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    Quote Originally Posted by matt999tye View Post
    Speaking to owners: What have you guys done about the top speed on the XTR? I doubt it's very quick, and judging by the set up, I bet it could use a lot more top end. Has anyone messed with the sprockets etc?
    Pretty much everything I did to the XTR was covered here. Changing the gearing will get you to a max speed around 120km/h. The 428 chain on a 17 tooth front and 49 tooth rear will cruise comfortably between 90-110 km/h.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #10 Re: Looking for bike in Guangdong 20,000 RMB budget 
    There is a Yingang dual sport also that looks like a decent bike and it has a YG167FMM engine 229cc 16hp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast